Football Manager 2011

Dan

With Eden Hazard playing haha in a few seasons time it should be an interesting battle between him and Thorgan. Eden Hazard still continues to impress though after his amazing 1st season just brilliant.

Who in there right mind bought David N'Gog for £5 million?

Heading into my second season as Bradford boss, not sure I want to give updates though as I'm contemplating a Cube diary (People still do those, right?)

Finished 11th with West Ham and won manager of the month. Had to sign Robbie Keane for 6 mil, which is unfortunate. Didn't feel any real loyalty to the Hammers so I took a job at PSV in an attempt to get them back to greatness after they finished 9th in the league. Pre-season should be interesting as I try to get to know the players and such. Did it as a seperate save, though - so I can go back to the West Ham game if I like because I did like some of the signings I made.

With Eden Hazard playing haha in a few seasons time it should be an interesting battle between him and Thorgan. Eden Hazard still continues to impress though after his amazing 1st season just brilliant.

I've never seen Thorgan get even close to rivaling Eden in the multiple games I've had. One left wing, one AMC would be awesome though, the Hazard brothers destroying sides.

Loving the Lyon job. Lost my first game since taking over to Marsielle. I'm 4th, up from 12th when I started. Dunno if I'll catch first, but determined to finish in the CL Spots before mounting a title challenge next year.

Some cracking players here, Lloris, Vidal, Neymar, Gourcuff, Belfodil, Rafael. Gotta add some quality to the defence in January though.

Ugh journeyman games are so annoying... I really like the idea of them but because you never get any job offers from clubs that aren't doomed to relegation, you end up at a club with a shit squad that needs completely overhauling and even then you get massacred by everyone and avoiding relegation is the best you can achieve.

I'm at my third club now, Dinamo St Petersburg were beyond doomed when I joined them, I got them to 11 points which might sound shit but it was 10 points in half a season and for the first 4-5 games I had to play with regens because I had no registered players. Then I joined Alfreton in the BSP, didn't realise how retarded the suggestions of scouts and assistants are at this level and thus signed a fair few players who were 5* rated and were actually 1/2* by the time they'd played a couple of games. I managed to keep Alfreton up but I decided to leave at the end of the season because I'd got so many shit players tied to 3 year deals that I didn't think I'd be able to improve the team considerably any time soon.

So then I get a job at Baza in Spanish Second Division B4, again none of their players were worth keeping so I bought players who are of a similar quality to the midtable sides but for whatever reason, I assume not having time to gel, they're just incapable of winning any matches and 10 games in I'm winless at the bottom of the league. If I can keep them up then I'm hoping to stay here for a while and see if I can get them promoted before I move on but at the minute, staying up looks unlikely :(

I've been keeping my eye on Daniel Sturridge for four seasons now, periodically scouting him to see if his "has no interest in joining our club at this time" status changes. So fiiiinally it looks like he could leave Chelsea because his contract renewals have stalled and he'll be free at the end of the season at this rate.

And...I don't think I should get him now. :/

DAMN IT.

Essentially, I have now built up what is theoretically a first-choice striking trio of Salomon Kalou, Danny Welbeck and Nassim Ben Khalifa. Sturridge is similar to (but not better than) all of those. My scout says he'll be the "4th best striker" if he joined.

More weirdly, Robbie Findley continues to defy my expectations and actually perform really well just whenever I reach the point where I think about selling him. A bit like Chris Cohen, who I had intended to perma-bench when I originally bought Charlie Adam with the vision of a Hargreaves/Adam centre pairing in my then 4-4-2 midfield. Yet Chris absolutely refused to go lying down and now his status as my best midfielder is pretty much set in stone. He keeps getting the most MOTM awards, a couple of Forest POTY awards, decent goal return, topping the assist charts and all sorts. I call him "Forest's Frank Lampard" in my Chelsea-biased head. :shifty:

But yeah. Not getting rid of Findley. I'm also intent on pushing 17 year old regen Andy Hunt's career forward...with other top clubs' repeated £2m bids only emboldening me in this quest. He scored a brace in our FA Cup 3rd round match against Burton Albion, so good on the lad. My final striker, Dexter Blackstock, is somehow still here and I don't know why. Oh wait, because his wages are low. I remember now. That's another reason why I can't bring in Sturridge - my wage budget is at its £640kpw limit.

Adios, Danny Sturridge. It seems it was never to be. :(

In the meantime...hoping to win my third FA Cup in a row, looking forward to facing Zenit St Petersburg in the first knockout round of the Champions League, and am currently 3rd in the Premier League table (behind City and Arsenal) whilst somehow unbeaten all season (I appear to have learnt how to draw against the big teams...but not yet learnt how to not-draw away to Sunderland, West Ham, etc.). I guess this means I've just about reached the "easy" level of FM gaming near the top. <_<

I'm doing alright in the first season of Premier League football with this Forest team. In the summer I bought young players in the hopes that I'd have a solid foundation of players improving every year and my transfer budgets could be used on bringing in 'luxury' type players. I doubt it'll work out.

I suffered my worst defeat ever yesterday, 5-0 to Arsenal and sunk down to 15th, but since then I've had 3-0 wins over both Birmingham and Fulham and a 2-2 draw with West Ham, taking me back up to 10th 17 games in. I lost my league cup game against Sunderland kind of on purpose to avoid fixture pile- up. I plan on doing the same with the FA Cup. I'm not going to win either competition this year, so I want to concentrate on the league.

Here's the team:

GK: Carson, Camp

RB: Gunter, Moloney

LB: Yamissi, Van Aanholt

CB: Sigurdsson, Cathcart, Morgan, Basham

RM: Eagles, Anderson

LM: Kranjcar (loan), T. Hazard, Ferguson

DM: Biglia, McEachran

CM: Cohen, McGugan

ST: Jo (loan), Gamiero, Findley, Earnshaw, Soukouna

Who in there right mind bought David N'Gog for £5 million?

Heading into my second season as Bradford boss, not sure I want to give updates though as I'm contemplating a Cube diary (People still do those, right?)

The same team that got Ryan Babel haha Hoffenheim :P Crazy team....

Lost about 2/3 games on my FM so gotta do Tottenham, Monaco and West Brom again, best had win all 3 again like I did before otherwise i'll be a bit annoyed :(

I've never seen Thorgan get even close to rivaling Eden in the multiple games I've had. One left wing, one AMC would be awesome though, the Hazard brothers destroying sides.

It takes awhile, from a past Lyon game I had he doesn't get as good for abit but he becomes a decent player anyway, given time he'll be at a similar level though.

They brought it up after my move from Spurs to Atletico Madrid. Rescued them to fourth from eleventh in that half-season.

First full season i've gone:

Four wins, two draws, win, two losses. Six straight wins, loss. Then fifteen on the trot unbeaten, with two draws intermixed amongst that. Currently sitting equal first (24 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses...not clear first? Natch.)

My overall point (not just flopping it out) is that I think it might take a while for a squad of spanish players to get "used" to my tactics etc....though bringing in Gareth Bale from Tottenham almost certainly helped me there :D

He only gets to be decent. Probably a good rotation/back up for a Liverpool side. Thorgan was excellent for me at Viking, he played just behind Juanmi and scored a load of goals, especially from range and from free kicks.

I've brought him with me to Catania. He's performed well, scored once but I've not been picking him lately. Since he's been dropped we've moved up to 4th. Although playing Bari and Grosseto may have helped. The latter were on a 20 game unbeaten streak and were relegated after we played them. While Bari are also just above the relegation zone, with a super leaky defence and no real goal threat (top 3 scorers all had 2 goals each).

33 games played, 5 go go. I could have lead two teams to Champions League qualification in 12 months if this goes right.

My manager is English but second nationality or something is Dutch. He also speaks English, Dutch, German and French - dunno how German happened and don't know if French was there at the start of the game or if I "learned" it....Very unrealistic though, I've been in Japan 3 years and have embarrassingly little language.

He's a former pro footballer. 100% knowledge of England, 50% of Holland and now about 30% France.

People who like him most are:

Antoine Kombouare (PSG manager)

Claude Puel (Lyon manager)

Franck Dumas (Angers manager) DUNNO WHY

Luigi del Neri (Juventus manager) MUST HAVE TAKEN A LIKING TO ME IN OUR TWO EURO GAMES

Jean Fernandez (Auxerre manager)

People who hate him most are:

Christophe Galtier (St. Etienne manager)

Eric Roy (Nice manager) THEY'RE OUR BIG RIVALS SO WE SLAG EACHOTHER OFF

Rene Girard (Montpellier manager)

Nicky Southall (Gillingham player) I TRIED TO BRING HIM OVER AS COACH BUT THE BOARD SAID WE HAD TOO MANY COACHES - I MUST HAVE GOTTEN HIS HOPES UP TOO HIGH

Francois Ciccolini (AC Milan Youth Coach) NO IDEA WHY

Usually I'm only mean to managers if they're mean to me first or have a low opinion of me.

All of my longer running games have been in America or England. The few times I have taken a job in Germany or Spain, it gets brought up that I don't speak that language. Is that really a handicap in this? Do the players play differently?

I think it can have a minor knock on effect on the actual understanding of your tactics and team talks unless you have an assistant who speaks your language and the main language to translate.

My manager is English but second nationality or something is Dutch. He also speaks English, Dutch, German and French - dunno how German happened and don't know if French was there at the start of the game or if I "learned" it....Very unrealistic though, I've been in Japan 3 years and have embarrassingly little language.

I'm pretty sure speaking German is just a part of being Dutch. ¬_¬

Is there away to import players from one editor data save to another one?

Example. I've created about 20 players on an editor data save called 'players plus'

I then went to add more players, and added about 20 more to it, but I forgot to load the editor data 'players plus', so I saved it as 'extra players'

So basically if there's a way can someone tell me how to get the 20 players from 'extra players' and add then to the 'players plus' save.

Please.

Here is my team:

Petr Cech

Ashley Cole/Yury Zhirkov

Diego Renan/Branislav Ivanovic

John Terry/Alex

David Luiz/Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Toni Kroos/Eden Hazard

Ramires/Santiago Cazorla

Michael Essien/Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Moussa Sissoko/Frank Lampard

Neymar/Seydou Doumbia

Fernando Torres/Didier Drogba

I like my team. Only worry is the old Chelsea core of players are getting pretty old. Drogba is still really good but if he plays more than fifteen minutes in a game he gets exhausted which isn't really ideal.