Football Manager 2011

Dan

Yeah, my striker James Hanson is only 10 for penalities but hasn't missed one in about fifteen. Gareth Jones my winger who is rated at 14 hasn't scored one in five as he folds like a house of cards under the slightest pressure.

Fucking heartbroken. Game 36 of 38.. we suffer our first loss in the league. Fucking shellshocked. We won the league games ago.. and the team took their foot of the gas. 1 - 0 loss to Monaco. I'm beyond upset.

mhug.gif

The first game of the CL wasn't a bad one - home to Real Madrid. I dominated the first half, and should've been more than 1-0 up, but it wasn't to be. It was pretty much all them in the 2nd half and Ozil got the equaliser as it finished 1-1. Not bad, considering the other game finished in a draw too.

League wins against West Ham (2-0, h) and Blackpool (3-0, a) either side of it have helped me to 2nd in the league, 13pts from 15 available. Bolton have won every game. huh.gif

Depends how hard the first fixture is, and if things have been going well in the previous few games, and whether I signed them to be a first team player or a substitute. If I signed them as an important player then yeah, unless their first game would be Man Utd away or something, I have no problem throwing 'em in.

My Bradford boys went on a 25 game undefeated streak and then over the congested Christmas period my second-string team went away to 18th placed Burton Albion and lost 1-0 to their only shot on target and with us dominating the game.

Here's a question: When you bring in new talent in January, do you tend to throw them in to the starting eleven right away, if you brought them in with the intentions of starting? Or do you let them come off the bench while they get use to their new team?

Throw them in. They almost always try and impress you within their first few games, so take advantage of it before they settle in too much.

I'm sure I have no luck when it comes to FM.....Bloody thing decides not to load my games and whenever I try to start a new one it does a crash dump and closes down. Plus the people at SI are wank at actually helping you with your problem grrrrrrrrrrr :(

Oh well back to FM2010 for me

That's why I always have two save files for the same game. So currently for my Arsenal game I have "Arsenal" and "Arsenal 2" and I alternate between them whenever I can remember. Though I've never had a save get corrupted personally, guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Also:

arsenalrape.png

Not all that impressive when you consider the opposition but since they absolutely spanked me 3-0 at their ground in the only thing the board can think to be unhappy with me over several months on, I took particular pleasure in this, especially as I scored three goals with ten men on the pitch. Also, Carlos Vela hattrick of goals and assists! So now his record reads 6(5) appearances, 3 goals and 3 assists! Hooray for misleading stats. And I just noticed the penalty stat there too. Please tell me this is the first game to keep a tally like that or I've missed something that would've saved me hours of anger :shifty:

That's why I always have two save files for the same game. So currently for my Arsenal game I have "Arsenal" and "Arsenal 2" and I alternate between them whenever I can remember. Though I've never had a save get corrupted personally, guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Also:

arsenalrape.png

Not all that impressive when you consider the opposition but since they absolutely spanked me 3-0 at their ground in the only thing the board can think to be unhappy with me over several months on, I took particular pleasure in this, especially as I scored three goals with ten men on the pitch. Also, Carlos Vela hattrick of goals and assists! So now his record reads 6(5) appearances, 3 goals and 3 assists! Hooray for misleading stats. And I just noticed the penalty stat there too. Please tell me this is the first game to keep a tally like that or I've missed something that would've saved me hours of anger :shifty:

I have 3 autosave rolling thing so it has 3 saves but they all wouldn't load. Still waiting for a reply from someone working for SI considering I posted about it 4 days ago like.

England (managed these days by Stuart Pearce) have been shockingly contemptuous of my English players. Chris Cohen still hasn't been capped despite playing out of his skin and near-topping various Premier League stat charts for years. <_<

The press keep asking me why I'm not picking Steven Gerrard for England.

It's mainly because he's 34 and rotting in the Liverpool reserve team. His squad number is 33 forgodssake!