Football Manager 2011

Dan

Dropped from 4th to 6th because of losses to Fiorentina and Torino. This team has a habit of just not turning up for games against lower end of the table sides, especially the keeper who has been disinterested in a lot of the last few games, to the point where I took him off 20 mins in against Torino. It also needs a proper midfield. This one isn't doing it for me.

We still have a chance of finishing in the final CL spot, though we have to beat the league leaders Inter to make it happen, and hope Lazio and Roma slip up.

You've got 'transfer budgets in first window' switched off.

Any other suggestions? It's switched on and all sides I tried to play with start with £0, and I have to manually 'Edit Wage/Transfer Budget' later on.

Are there any kind of further updates I can give to the 11.3 patch?

I make very heavy strength and aerobic training schedules usually. Every player gets an area to improve on and the youngsters usually get trained in new positions. And the older players have to tutor. Although the tutor thing sometimes causes problems, had a sixteen year old that refused to be tutored by the club captain, so I released him on a free, the dick.

The crazy results in my FM game continue - Carling Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 0-5 Hull

...it was by no means a full Arsenal squad, but guys like Nasri and Wilshere played.

I had Rotheram away and won 2-0 - reffed by Howard Webb (from Rotherham <_<).

Do you perhaps know with how much money you start with Fulham?

5million. A fair bit of dead weight also, so you can shift a few players for decent money.

I like the idea of us all starting a game as the same team, since I can't guarantee always getting on and playing.

In the summer I paid £5.75M for Douglas, a Brazilian Centre-back to act as cover for Jan Vertongen and Daniel Agger, and it's a good job I did because Agger missed September, October and November through injury. Douglas was out-standing, and I now have no preference between him and Agger as central defensive partner for Vertongen. I decide match-by-match based on condition, upcoming fixtures and recent performances. The player has expressed no desire to go, nor do I particularly want to sell him.

But Bayern and Sevilla have both just offered me £10M. I have no transfer budget left and £10M look quite good. £10m is over £4M profit in five months. If he goes, I still have Skrtel as cover; I have Kelly and Wilson who I've been playing semi-regularly in each full back slot who can play in the centre, and I have Daniel Ayala kicking up a storm in the reserves.

Plus, with £10M I could fund a move for Phil Jones.

So, decisions, decisions, decisions. I'm thinking of turning around and asking for £15M for Douglas and seeing what happens.

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama

We could run the thing where everyone runs with the same team alongside the other one because only one of us will be occupied with that at a time. Any suggestions for teams? Preferably not in Peru for variety reasons :D

We could run the thing where everyone runs with the same team alongside the other one because only one of us will be occupied with that at a time. Any suggestions for teams? Preferably not in Peru for variety reasons :D

I think Ajax or something like that'd be good, see if anyone can get them to win the Champions League again. That or Scottish side and try to break the top 2.

I like both of these ideas the most. I've always thought about doing an Ajax game because I like the club and often seem to find myself buying Dutch players anyway.

Started a journey man game after being fired with zero notice by Leicester, despite only going out of my team's season goal for two weeks. Started with Portugal, England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany and France with all their leagues on. Started with 'automatic' as my job experience and was surprised to receive a job offer from York literally less than a day after firing out applications. So I get to start out in Blue Square Premier (which is much higher in reputation than I could have wound up in) with a team with potential to win promotion with a few minor additions, a new stadium on the way within five years (which I'll probably not stay at the club long enough to see) and a fair bit of transfer cash to splash around, if I see fit. I've chosen to use the free players option initially, with saving that budget for mid-season in case I need it (plus then I can use the statistics from lower leagues to steal a few good players). I've set a loose rule for myself that if I don't achieve either win a competition or win promotion within my second season (whether full or not), then I have to leave the club. Probably won't stick to it, knowing me. Still, should be fun, because having worked out the league reputations, I could have a very interesting climb around europe.