Football Manager 2011

Dan

I had the weirdest goal against Barca yesterday...clearing kick from defensive midfield, lands on Dzeko's bonce, he nods it into the area, no-one for 30 yards at the time. It bounces high, gets a ridiculous ricochet off of the top of Valdez's head...and lands at the feet of Aguero, who slots it into the gaping net...It was completely absurd.

Finally started a new game by deciding to manage Canada and see if I can actually get us to at least draw a few games. First game was away at Greece, kept it tied at 0-0 and subbed in Simeon Jackson and Junior Holliet for the second half. They combined for two goals. Both Holliet runs down the right before crossing to Jackson in the middle. They helped destroy Barbados in my second game too. :w00t:

Just won promotion to the Championship with St. Helens, making that 7 league wins and promotions in 9 years, and 4th in a row.

Still haven't achieved my goal of selling out the stadium yet though.

Edit: And when I ask for a new contract they say no :/ !

Edited by Fudge

What's the point in going on a long term game like that and holiday through most of it. The only time I holiday is during international breaks and I've got something else to do or during the latter parts of pre-season when I've got transfer budgets turned off

I always found it was really bad for regen's coming through your development system. It wasn't until my 6th season or something with Ipswich that I had someone who was three & a half stars potential. Otherwise, potential never got any higher than the two mark and I had top facilities and coaches by that point. Made it very hard to meet the CL standard of having a number of players trained at the club.