Batman: Arkham City

Johnny Latino Heat

Didn't see a topic on AA's sequel, and I thought it warranted one. Anyway, screenshots ahoy, featuring some villains and some of Joker's thugs. Well, if they're actually official, that is. I think they are, at least I've read somewhere they were out on this week's Game Informer. Looks awesome either way.

Two Face looks awesome! I wonder what they'll do with him! And I hope that he is going to be the main villian and not play second fiddle to the Joker. That was the only thing I didn't like about The Dark Knight. I wanted Two-Face as a main-villan so badly and in the end he was only there for the last half our only to be killed of in the most anti-climactic way possible. Yes, I know, it made sense storywise but ever since they degraded him to Riddler's retarted bully in Batman Forever I was wishing for Two Face to be the main villian in another movie.

The gameinformer article was nice. Got me pumped to finish Arkham Asylum unfortunately I'm short on time at the moment but I'm sure I'll finish it before this one comes out. It's a great game to ay the least. The thing that I liked the most really was the developers commitment to atmosphere, which I feel like really MAKES the game. Sure the gameplay is fun but if it was generic with random character models it wouldn't be half of what it is. There commitment to unique textures and environments should keep this atmosphere alive even in the bigger setting which makes me quite happy. A definite purchase first day, which is getting rarer and rarer for me to say. Especially about a single player only game.

Yeah, I read the Game Informer article just yesterday (first GI I've ever bought too), and dear lord, I want this game now. It just looks so damn amazing, and I love the idea of them being in their own walled off part of the city. Hopefully the Riddles hang around too, I loved them in Asylum.

Pretty much any character I can create in a video game is female. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Fable 2, Dragon Age, and both Mass Effects, all female characters. Only game I've played recently where I played as a male was Fallout 3. Just one of my gaming quirks, but I don't care what anyone says, Commander Shepard in Mass Effect is a woman. The female voice actress is better in every imaginable way than the male. If they ever make ME into a movie, Shepard absolutely should be a woman.

• Like 1

Pretty much any character I can create in a video game is female. Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Fable 2, Dragon Age, and both Mass Effects, all female characters. Only game I've played recently where I played as a male was Fallout 3. Just one of my gaming quirks, but I don't care what anyone says, Commander Shepard in Mass Effect is a woman. The female voice actress is better in every imaginable way than the male. If they ever make ME into a movie, Shepard absolutely should be a woman.

High five! And yeah, I... need to finish Mass Effect but Shepherd's voice actress is wonderful. Did a lot to allay my usual '90s kid reluctance to have RPG main characters actually be voice acted.

I love the voice actress for female Sheppard (she was also awesome as Bastila in KOTOR!) but ... Sheppard is a guy and forever should be. I'll sometimes play as a female to see what's different but I just can't play rpg's as a female for the most part especially if there's romances. I love the snarkyness (if that's not a word it is now) for male Sheppard.

yeah... we kinda randomly went off topic. I'm excited by this but I hope they fix some of the minor things with Arkham Asylum I never got to finish due to being at the last boss but getting the save game glitch. the riddles were fun, I hope they expand on them.

I see no problem with a male playing female characters, but in a game where you can be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjTuSQNLI4, why would you play as a woman?

• Like 1

I will hear none of this, my snarky space lesbian who hates everyone except her own crew > Captain Monotone.

And if you can't get it on with a dude as a female character, that's kinda sad. In games where romancing is possible, I fuck EVERYTHING. Men, women, aliens, elves, I'm all up in it like my class is Infiltrator.

• Like 1

I will hear none of this, my snarky space lesbian who hates everyone except her own crew > Captain Monotone.

And if you can't get it on with a dude as a female character, that's kinda sad. In games where romancing is possible, I fuck EVERYTHING. Men, women, aliens, elves, I'm all up in it like my class is Infiltrator.

Agreed Zero..nothing is better then a hard ass tough as nails space lesbian. I usually play as female characters to in games like ME, DA:O etc..