The Scottish Football thread

METALMAN

How disgraceful and embarassing is scottish football? Seriously, its beyond ridiculous at this stage that someone should even attempt to attack a manager.

It was pretty obvious something like this was going to happen tonight, it's usually at Tynecastle that some idiot tries to run on the pitch, like the Riordan incident a few years ago.

Was up in Edinburgh earlier at the cinema which is pretty much in Gorgie. Even though there was no trouble there was this feeling that something sour was going to go down, lots of Hearts "fans" walking around who clearly weren't going to support the team. Glad I didn't bother going really. Game was awful too.

Thankfully, no one that I've read from or who was at the game I know has defended the clown.

Shame, I was at Tynecastle for the Sunderland friendly before last season. Was a lovely sunny day and every Hearts fan was kind and welcoming and good banter throughout the match. For some reason they segregated us walking back and the Sunderland fans had to take a 10 minute detour round the opposite way, for a friendly. Shame really but this is a minority. Hearts have a bit of a violent past on the pitch, at least with their players, and it wouldn't shock me if the SFA took some serious action at this. Afterall, it's on Hearts; not the Old Firm.

I still have no idea why you were told to go around the other way post game.

I mean, we let the Old Firm and Hibs fans out at the same time (probably even tonight knowing how useless the police are) but the big evil Sunderland fans who were having banter with the Hearts fans weren't. Sure I heard from someone that it was because you were English and there might be some England/Scotland thing going on :lol:

God the stewarding and policing at Tynie is fucking useless.

Neil Lennon's antics throughout the season certainly haven't helped anything though. I'm not defending what happened, far from it, the guy who tried to attack him is scum. He has recently been doing this to opposing fans (not just Rangers fans but us as well):

Rangers-v-Celtic-Neil-Lennon-cups-ears-to-Ran_2589297.jpg

article-0-0BF6487700000578-400_468x323.jpg

Is this the way a professional manager should be acting? Should a manager of a team be coming out and telling the press that Hearts and Motherwell both lay down to another team? Should a manager of a team be that abusive that he is banned for eight games? Should a manager of a team start a tirade against the governing body over a correct reffereeing decision in a match, that leads to the walkout of all the countries refs?

Again I'm not trying to defend this mans actions, however, I am not surprised that it happened.

• Like 1

I've yet to see it affect another manager in such a way.

Lennon's at heart, a bigot. It doesn't make it right to kill him, attack him or threaten his family. The guy who tried to attack him tonight is a fucking idiot and was lucky with the small beating he got.

But again, Lennon had to kick the guy twice when he was on the ground...I don't think he should be punished, but if there was ever any doubt about how much of an unprofessional moron he is, there it is. He's an embarrassment to Scottish football and Celtic. He revels in the attention. It's sad.

• Like 1

I've yet to see another manager recieve bullets in the mail, multiple suspect bombs in the mail and a fan actually assault another manager. Lennon winds people up, but he is far from being the embarassment to scottish football. Certainly not the only one, at least.

• Like 1

I've yet to see another manager recieve bullets in the mail, multiple suspect bombs in the mail and a fan actually assault another manager. Lennon winds people up, but he is far from being the embarassment to scottish football. Certainly not the only one, at least.

Many players, referees, managers and chairmen have received death threats in the past. None of them have acted like Lennon has.

He is a major embarrassment to Scottish football, and football in general. And no, he is not the only one.

He's essentially Gary Neville in charge of Man Utd >_<

He's a fan of the team and I sometimes think he lets that boil over rather than remain a professional manager. He gets tonnes of stick, and so he will as a manager of the opposing team, but that's what happens and he should conduct himself in the appropriate mannger.

"Sit down you paedophile," chanted by nery every single opposing team to Arsene Wenger. I've not been to Sunderland v Arsenal match that I can recall but I'm sure we sing it, much in the same way Man Utd fans do, and Chelsea fans, and Bolton fans etc. but Arsene doesn't turn to the fans, cup his hands to his ears and goad the fans on. We have to remember that the majority of people in the stand are probably of an IQ that classes them as retarded, so it's fruitless.

Lennon doesn't help himself, but he should be free to stand on the touchline, abusing referees and not have to worry about trying to be punched in the face. Fan will get a lifetime ban, Hearts will condemn it and hopefully it doesn't go too far and the SFA don't try massive fines on Hearts or anything overboard.

Scottish football should just pick itself up, dust itself off and continue trying to fight the violence and stereotypes that come attached to what can, at times, be a fun and interesting league.

the SFA don't try massive fines on Hearts or anything overboard.

:lol: We'll get absolutely hammered. The SFA love to fine Hearts for everything, mainly bad discipline which isn't helped by the incompetence of the referees sending players off for absolutely no reason which seems to happen at least a few times to Hearts, usually to Marius Zaliukas.

Sadly, this morning it's come out that a suspicious package was sent to Celtic Park today so sadly this shit is continuing. <_<