Minecraft!

Sousa

So I was playing a Survival game earlier having fixed the furnace glitch (here's a link for how) and I have come to the conclusion that abandoned mineshafts are the worst thing ever.

As if getting lost underground wasn't easy enough, now you have mineshafts that just keep going on. To say nothing of the small blue spiders that have spawners everywhere to ruin your shit.

Bloody hell.

Mineshafts shouldn't be eternally generating and if they're going to be, they should be rare. I like them, but they also need a better payoff, same with Strongholds. I really feel with these extra areas that it's time to add some new items to the game, ones that can only be found, not made. I don't know what though. Maybe some really powerful tools, like a Pickaxe that'll destroy any block in seconds. A Mine helmet that lights the way infinitely for you. Something that lets you breathe underwater for X amount of time. Maybe start to include Magic in some way as has been suggested and let you find different staffs of some kind? Maybe some are fairly normal and act as like, an infinite source of Bonemeal, whilst others let you walk on Lava or fly for a limited amount of time. They'd have to be like, really, really rare, but the chance of finding one would make it totally worth it. Hell, even a chest with a stack of 10 diamonds would be kind of worth it if you're like me and enjoy playing the game vanilla.

creeperface.jpg

How does this look? When I move it into my castle should I make it one solid green or keep the mix?

Steak, melons, not sure if pumkpins were always edible since I've never actually found any.

Not sure what I think of actually having hunger in the game. Definitely an extra challenge. Have there been any new food items added beyond bread, pork, etc?

Food:

- Pork

- Bread

- Mushroom Stew

- Fish

- Apple

- Golden Apple

- Chicken

- Beef

- Melon

Breaking one melon block yields something like half a dozen melon pieces, and you can grow them like wheat. All of the meats can be eaten raw or cooked, but apparently eating raw chicken has a chance of poisoning you.

If you're playing "legit" survival, an excellent source of food is to get bonemeal and make mushroom stew. Basically, find either the brown or red mushroom, make sure it has enough room around it, and use bonemeal on it by righclicking on it and presto, a giant mushroom. When you tear down the mushroom you get even more small mushrooms of the same type, got 20 red mushrooms from a large red one I supersized with bonemeal once.