Minecraft!

Sousa

damn mushrooms spawn slowly. My mushroom farm is taking forever..

No need to farm them, just grow them giant with bonemeal and knock em down. each block has a chance of dropping mushrooms of the same kind.

I'd much rather not have giant fungus in my yard, but that's just me. Also I'm trying to live off this island and it's caves alone.

I would not be against having the cave exit on some other land mass, but until then I'm stranded. (Ignore the boat).

I do really want some sugar cane though. I need bookcases.

I've put some work into my save this morning. Started out by trying to refind the abandoned mine so I could make a trail back and have an easier time finding it. It took over an hour.

Built up my house and added a bedroom, rebuilt around the mine and complete the garden.

So now I feel I should show pictures using the EWB pureBDcraft texture pack.

16bwubn.jpg

My house. Deck out front, Bedroom up top.

o6z7gp.jpg

The obligitory shot from a boat showing my mini dock, "living area" and basement access.

bi2wxy.jpg

Facing my kitchen and dining area with stairs heading to the unfurnished bedroom.

2s9xc0z.jpg

Looking out from my kitchen to the "living room" of sorts. Took a bit of testing to set it up so that nothing caught fire (I didn't know fences caught fire).

2885z10.jpg

My basement. I always try to organise everything as much as possible. Oddly enough, the chest with all the ores is the most full.

This is also where the cart from the mine will end up for unloading. Speaking of mines...

2yuzwk2.jpg

That's it in the brick house with the tree farm in the background. Obviously neglected. That's my little mushroom hut next to the garden :P

fkbgr7.jpg

From the top of the ladder. It's just the original cave cleaned up. Added Glowstone and lava for lighting.

Still need to add a base of operations, but the carting system is set to go.

I think I need more of a goal to push for. I'm all settled and scure above ground, and a large amout of caves are all lit up. I do still have a section to go through before I head into the ravine below the abandoned mine. Usually my goal is to find both music discs, but I might also add trying to find the stronghold also (If I have one).

Edited by Rocky Feller

Update on my island..

I built a portal to the Nether..decided to attempt to make it look like a Stargate..

stargateclosed.jpg

Stargateopen.jpg

Added a creek running right in front of the house, and a drawbridge to keep mobs out at night

closeddrawbridge.jpg

opendrawbridge.jpg

Build a new piston powered farm..though it seems to be growing slower then my old farm

pistonfarm.jpg

And build a new room, but haven't decided what to do with it yet. The trapdoor in the corner leads down to my mushroom farm thats barely growing anything. Its too dark to take a picture down there

newroom.jpg

Apparently they'll throw snowballs at hostile mobs amd spawn snow too

I accidentally opened my Survival Island game in 1.73. Not happy.

I now have random blocks of ice surrounding my island. Not too much of a hassle as I don't go in the water really.

The 2 things that got me were my watermelon disappeared as they don't exist in 1.73 and so did my window panes, which I didn't realise until night fall and I had spiders jumping through my windows.

On the plus side, It cause a few animals to spawn on my island so I got a bit of meat to mix up my diet.

I'm going to continue on as if this didn't happen as I don;t want to restart.

So, for anyone that doesn't know, 1.9 beta pre-release has been 'leaked' (read: Jeb let it out). Not bothered trying it out, but updates include new Nether bits (Nether strongholds!) and some stuff like Swamp biomes having more stuff.

Also: Mooshrooms!

3pwpe.png

And the introduction of villagers!

20110922125827.png

I don't like the look of villagers, but I've never been too keen on the idea.

Also, new Nether mobs (big slimes and fire monsters)

20110922165909.png

Nether stronghold!

20110922113527.png

I´t not the 1.9 Beta, it´s the 1.9 beta pre-release. :-D This will alow amazing amounts of confusion. :-D I love how they just roll with it and give it to the people again.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I haven't even bothered to download though, seeing as it's apparently really laggy.

There's a pretty decent list on the Mincraft forums:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/651591-19-new-features-report-what-you-find-here/

Whenever I read mooshroom I hear the Swedish Chef in my head..

There are more vids covering new stuff on the channel.

I don't like the Villagers, they should have the same model as the player.

I've had a run around and found a nether stronghold. It's pretty cool. looks just like the normal stronghold but without a library (that I could find) and iron bars. Plus its made of nether brick.

Killed some slimes and Blazes, of course this was on crerative. good luck with it on survival because the Blaze shoot 3-4 balls of fire each time.

What I wasn;'t aware of was the addition of plants in the nether that are being farmed in the stronghold. "warts" or something. Not sure what it grows to either.

Mooshrooms are funny. Cows with shrooms on their back. they turn back to normal cows if you harvest the mushrooms. I'm not sure if it goes back after time.

Found lillypads but didn't come across any villages though.

I'm about to go through the videos Kirkland mentioned as I just finished work about 30 minutess ago... officially :pervert: