EWB's 51 Favorite Singers 2010: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Yeah, we're doing this. First batch coming up later today, but since I want to get to get this thread up on my lunchbreak, some notable also-rans who got multiple votes but didn't make the list;

John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats!

Ozzy Osbourne!

Steven Tyler!

Nick Cave!

Dean Martin!

Annie Lennox, who finished 35th last time!

Björk, who finished 31st last time!

Mike Patton, who finished 14th last time!

And in the biggest and most surprising drop-off, Paul McCartney, who finished 5th last time!

Remember, debating the results in this thread is fine as long as it doesn't turn into personal attacks. NEXT TIME: We get off to a very auspicious start indeed with 46 - 51.

Not hugely disappointed that any of those missed out (Macca is more of a songwriter than a singer, and Bjork is more of an "aww, shame" than a violent rage), but I'm guessing that Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie will miss out. This is fucking bogus. <_<

Seriously, though, I'm hoping for a high finish for some of my top ones, Elvis Presley specifically.

Don't think I voted for any of those you mentioned, though I'm sure most of my list didn't make the final 51 anyhoo, but it's a shame Bjork hasn't made it, and to a lesser extent Nick Cave, and I'm pretty surprised Mike Patton's not up there, though the love for him seems to have died down a little in general for the past couple of years, I think.

Silly picture edition!

hayley-williams.jpg

50. Hayley Williams (13 points, 3 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

AlGreen.png

50. Al Green (13 points, 3 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

bon_scott_narrowweb__300x4570.jpg

48. Bon Scott (14 points, 2 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

48. Thom Yorke (14 points, 2 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

46. Maynard James Keenan (14 points, 3 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

46. Lemmy (14 points, 3 ballots) (Last Time: N/A)

NEXT TIME: 44 to 39! A couple of returning faces from EWB's Favorite Singer I! Pictures that are less silly, maybe!

Where was I?

Oh yeah.

MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN.

OH MY SHIT.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER?

THIS

THIS PIECE OF SHIT.

You guys are the fucking worst. The fucking worst ever and we're not friends anymore.

EDIT: Just found this on Wikipedia. A helpful list of singers who are better than Maynard Keenan and Lemmy.

• Like 1