The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

*face palm*

I was adding the onto it.

Edit: This sounded like im being a cock. I'm not >_>.

Epic trailer, really into it. Very VERY amped for it.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City
  • Like 1

I think DC Comics stopped using "The Batman" and just went with "Batman" once they launched Batman's own title and had him just straight-up take over the Detective title. Honestly, though, I hope to everything that the "Rises" in the title has something to do with JGL's character taking up the mantle. I may not have liked the entirety of the "Battle for the Cowl" story arc, but having somebody other than Bruce become the World's Greatest Detective was great, for the two years and change that it lasted. Ending the trilogy with Bruce gone would be logical, and satisfying.

I think we're more likely to get some kind of version of Knightfall. Which would be kind of cool, but I'd rather see Batman taken out and JGL become Nightwing or something than take up the mantle of Batman/do the whole Azrael thing. Because I'm sorry, I know EWB loves the guy, but Joseph Gordon Levitt could not be Batman.

Maybe Batman Beyond. But other than that, no. >_>

Brick, The Lookout, Hesher, 500 Days of Summer

And by the looks of it, you can add Looper to that list when it comes out this fall.

He was good in Inception, but not standout. Is JGL meant to be really good then? I know this isn't necessarily the right thread but any reccom. for other films he's in?

EWB loves them some JGL. I think he's getting pretty good, but the amount of hype he gets sometimes isn't quite so deserved. If Looper is as good as it looks to be, I might be a bit more convinced.

Ending the trilogy with Bruce gone would be logical, and satisfying.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping that the film will end with Bruce "retiring" Batman - either through choice or out of necessity - but then either ending, or a post-credits thing, with a shot of Batman slipping through the shadows, implying that someone else has taken up the mantle. They've already brought up the prospect of "copycats" mimicking Scarecrow, so it wouldn't be too odd to think that someone would do the same to Batman.

On the Batman vs. The Batman front, I prefer to refer to him as "man who dresses up like a bat".

So, I was pleasantly surprised at my midnight showing of The Avengers to see the latest trailer for The dark Knight Rises. I thought I wasn't going to considering the DC/Marvel stuff, or is that not a big issue?

DC would be stupid to not want to advertise in front of Avengers (which they obviously share a large demographic with) and Marvel doesn't really have anything to lose from it, in fact they probably got paid quite a bit for it. It's not like Dark Knight Rises being a success will really effect them in any negative way, they're not really competing all that much.

I don't think there's really much competition between the two companies anyway. Kevin Fiege said something like he was psyched for Dark Knight Rises and obviously they want it to succeed because it's good for business. I mean, obviously Marvel wants to make more than DC and DC wants to make more than Marvel, but if Avengers does well, that's great for DC/Warner who're also putting out comic book films. They should want one another to succeed, because lots of people going to see Avengers and thinking it was awesome means those same people would think "Well, hey, that comic book film was great, let's see this one too!".

The only thing either really has to worry about is another Daredevil or another Green Lantern.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't think there's really much competition between the two companies anyway. Kevin Fiege said something like he was psyched for Dark Knight Rises and obviously they want it to succeed because it's good for business. I mean, obviously Marvel wants to make more than DC and DC wants to make more than Marvel, but if Avengers does well, that's great for DC/Warner who're also putting out comic book films. They should want one another to succeed, because lots of people going to see Avengers and thinking it was awesome means those same people would think "Well, hey, that comic book film was great, let's see this one too!".

The only thing either really has to worry about is another Daredevil or another Green Lantern.

Actually Kyle Rayner turned out to be pretty well received :pervert:

If the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern film had been about Kyle Raynor, with three other human Green Lanterns already established, the first one hosting Parallax, and Raynor needing to save the galaxy from Hal, Reynolds would have been perfect as a Lantern. But him as Hal Jordan was... mediocre. I enjoyed the film, but only because I didn't start reading the GL comics until Blackest Night, so I wasn't really entrenched in the mythology of it.

However, yeah, DC wants Marvel to succeed, Marvel wants DC to succeed, go from there. Captain America is Marvel's Superman, OMAC is DC's Hulk, Iron Man is Batman on a global scale with a public face, the Avengers are Marvel's Justice League... you get the idea. They're the major companies, and they can't help but get compared to each other. Marvel's Season One trades that are out sort of strike me as similar in concept to the Superman: Earth One graphic novel. It helps that they have writers that switch back and forth. They compete, but they need the industry as a whole to be strong, so they don't try to take each other out of business.

Definitely liked the new trailer, but I kinda' preferred thinking that Catwoman was another adversary for The Bat, and that she actually stole the Bat-Pod instead of having Batman use it.

• 3 weeks later...