The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

We're also forgetting that somehow, with Bane's guards everywhere, Batman manages to make a rather detailed kerosene outline of the Batlogo on the side of a building.

It was on the bridge I think. Not sure how many would be guarding that bit since I think it was one of those that got blown up.

In the past two days I watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight that I received on Blu-Ray for my birthday. Honestly...I still think The Dark Knight is the best of the trilogy but it doesn't fit so well with the other two. There are so many little things that link up with the first and third movies and there's really nothing with the second that fits in that mold. Heath Ledger's death probably had something to do with this, but you could just watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises and really not miss a beat, other than the sub-plot of what Harvey Dent's death meant to Gotham. I imagine that Ledger's death just completely made the Nolans throw out much of what they had planned for the third movie.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that that was the case. Nolan kept The Joker alive because he wanted to use him in the third movie if one was to be made, and that's why he had Harvey die in such a fashion that the public wouldn't have known how, so as to shape Gotham for the next film.

We're also forgetting that somehow, with Bane's guards everywhere, Batman manages to make a rather detailed kerosene outline of the Batlogo on the side of a building.

Ba(tma)nsky

In this case the reasoning of "he's fucking Batman." is perfectly acceptable. He's a fucking stealthy bastard.

Just saw this today. Having not seen the first two movies since they were released, and with very little knowledge of the comics, can somebody explain why Gotham was being targeted in the first place?

Same reason Al Qaeda targetted New York, the city is a symbol.

Just saw this today. Having not seen the first two movies since they were released, and with very little knowledge of the comics, can somebody explain why Gotham was being targeted in the first place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWQjpZ4RlA

1:12 mark

Basically, The League of Shadows is an ancient organization that tears down cities when corruption starts to run rampant. They justify it as helping the betterment of the world. Rhas Al Ghoul (I know I messed that up) is the apparition that appears to Bruce while he is in the prison. I'm a comic book nerd, so my one complaint about the movie is that it completely left all of that out (or if it was mentioned, I didn't think it made a big enough emphasis on it). So I felt like the people with me probably didn't get that either. In Batman Begins, they talk about how the League of Shadows destroyed Rome and some other places and now it is Gotham's turn.

Wow. Suddenly the whole movie makes sense. I probably should have revisited Batman Begins because I had absolutely no recollection of any of that until I watched the clip Maxx posted.

Yeah they sort of ditched it entirely in TDK, and I assume had Ledger lived, they probably wouldn't have revisted it so strongly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...