The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

The worst part of the movie for me was Bane's goddamn voice. He sounded like a muffled Sean Connery, and I'll be damned if I could hear anything he said for the first 15 minutes. I still have no idea what the initial hijacking scene was about.

I heard in an interview he did that the voice is supposed to some old version of a latin accent from some gypsy boxer or some such. I'll have a look around and see if I can find it.

Tom Hardy based his voice for Bane on Bartley Gorman (1944 - 2002), an Irish Traveller who was the undefeated Bare-knuckle boxing champion of the United Kingdom and Ireland, often referred to as the, "King of the Gypsies." He told The Hollywood Reporter, "The choice of the accent is actually a man called Bartley Gorman, who was a bare knuckle fighter. A Romani gypsy. Which I wanted to underpin the Latin, but a Romani Latin opposed to Latino. His particular accent is very specific, which was a gypsy accent. So that's why it was difficult to understand. But once you tune into it, you get it. I hope."

The worst part of the movie for me was Bane's goddamn voice. He sounded like a muffled Sean Connery, and I'll be damned if I could hear anything he said for the first 15 minutes. I still have no idea what the initial hijacking scene was about.

Sounds like someone got a bad bootleg.

Well, that card WAS good forever.

Come to think of it, Batman & Robin also closes up the plot hole of how Bane was able to sneak into Gotham and plant all those bombs undetected.

limobane.jpg

I thought he was able to do that because he was using Dagget's company resources and the like to sneak them in.

Well, that card WAS good forever.

Come to think of it, Batman & Robin also closes up the plot hole of how Bane was able to sneak into Gotham and plant all those bombs undetected.

limobane.jpg

I thought he was able to do that because he was using Dagget's company resources and the like to sneak them in.

I'm pretty sure it was because of the overcoat and snazzy hat.

• Like 4

"Bruce was broke" isn't really a plot hole. He was broke in the sense that he was no longer a financially viable head of a corporation, but he was in no way penniless. The only thing Bane accomplished with his stock market shenanigans was the elimination of certain non-liquid assets and trade-able commodities. Wayne likely has large savings accounts at any number of standard banks that wouldn't be subject to any trades like that. I'm sure he had several hundred thousand dollars squirreled away in such a fashion. This doesn't even take into account the large available credit balances he was sure to have access to.

TL;DR: Dude could afford a plane ticket.

He couldn't afford to pay the electricity. I'm pretty sure that he didn't have any money.

Bane destroyed most of Bruce Wayne's assets with the stock market heist - I don't think Bruce would be anywhere near as broke as most people are letting on. You'd have to think that someone who lives a double life as Batman has thousands upon thousands of dollars squirreled away somewhere. But that's beside the point when it comes to how Bruce would've gotten back.

1) He wouldn't of been dressed like Batman. He could've only gotten back into the suit at a location close to Gotham. All evidence points to the cave that he led Blake to at the very end of the movie.

2) Even if he had access to stuff like his credit cards, etc - that would never have been used as it could've tracked back to him. And I assume that Bane and company would likely be keeping tabs on stuff like that at this point.

I think the answer is simply that Bruce Wayne traveled the world a lot in his earlier days and likely had some contacts that he could get a hold of through that. I don't put too much thought into it, he's a more than resourceful man and knows the city like the back of his own hand.

That all being said, I assume that the novelization shines more light on it.

Coming from a board of wrestling fans, our inability to suspend our disbelief for a 3 hour movie is bordering on the surreal.

I suspended my disbelief enough to accept that a socially maladjusted orphan with a justice complex is able to live a double life as a billonaire philantrophist and a crime-fighting super-strong expert martial artist with loads of cool gadgets, while dressed up as a bat, without anyone knowing it's him, and that it's possible to convert a hitherto unknown fusion reactor into a functional nuclear bomb with a couple of minutes of tinkering, and that an inexplicably superhuman, super-intelligent mercenary with an ill-defined life support system contained in a face mask would be able to occupy a major American city.

In other words, it's a Batman movie. I suspended my disbelief plenty. Suspension of disbelief does not automatically mean you can forgive jumps of logic and plot holes you could drive the Batmobile through, had it actually showed up in this movie.

• Like 1