Conan's on

Gene Kiniski

Quite liked the episode, they'll hit their groove in a few months' time but that was a good start. Set is a little boring, but that moon is pretty neat. Looking forward to see what level of guests they consistently get. Seth Rogen was hilarious.

All in all though, welcome back old friend.

I'll admit, I was always a bigger fan of Leno than Conan but when the entire NBC fiasco went down I really began getting into his material. Following over the Summer really made this first episode a must see for me and after watching it I'll be back for sure.

I enjoyed pretty much everything, especially the "that's what I left NBC" joke.

I hope so. I remember they showed Triumph at Bonnaroo from '09 shortly after it happened last year, but yeah, hopefully a video or something will pop up on his show sometime soon. I didn't get to see anything from his stay at 'Roo, so it'd be nice to see something. I mean, that's pretty rare that a talk show host does a music festival infront of 80,000 hippies :P

Just finished watching the replay, since I was at work. What was the song he and Jack White did? I kind of liked it. I also really want to own one of those vinyl singles, but I think they were limited time only.

I didn't think it was mindblowing or anything, but that's fine (let's face it, he was never topping his opening segment for The Tonight Show). It was as funny as most other episodes of Conan's shows generally were; the segment with the Halloween masks was absolutely hysterical. Andy Richter's presence is especially great because he's just so good at commenting on ridiculous shit.

TBS released early ratings for the debut of Conan on Monday. Conan O’Brien’s new show on basic cable earned a 2.8 rating among Nielsen’s 56 metered markets. That means an average minute of Conan was watched by 2.8% of the homes in those markets.

George Lopez’ Lopez Tonight, which aired after Conan, earned a 1.1 rating. Better details about O’Brien’s performance among the key demographics will be released around 1 p.m. ET. Check back to Hollywood Insider for the results.

-Entertainment Weekly

To make his bosses at TBS happy, Conan O’Brien’s new talk show is expected to carry about a million viewers, which is a big, but not insane, number for late-night cable television. Last night’s debut episode of Conan scored a very impressive 2.8 in the overnight estimated ratings, which is great considering not every household in America gets TBS and The Tonight Show’s Nielsen rating under Leno 2.0 is about 1.2. Conan’s debut show was a bit hit, both in the ratings and with the critics. In fact, some say Conan getting fired by NBC is the best thing that could have happened to him.

-Popfi

This sounds promising so far. I guess the big news will come around 1:00 with the release of the demographic numbers.

Just finished watching the replay, since I was at work. What was the song he and Jack White did? I kind of liked it. I also really want to own one of those vinyl singles, but I think they were limited time only.

Conebone's got some pipes on him that I totally didn't realize.

Conebone's got some pipes on him that I totally didn't realize.

http://store.thirdmanrecords.com/conanliveatthirdman.aspx

The song is Eddie Cochran's 20 Flight Rock and the link is the to the store for White's label, Third Man Records.

Tom Hanks always seems to bring the funny on Conan..

and yea, I'm a big Soundgarden fan...color me disappointed in their performance tonight...