Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

It's so easy to grind Smithing and Enchanting so you can be unstoppable around level 20. My next playthrough I plan to do this, with my Khajiit. I'm about to finish up main quest with my Nord and then I'll finish Companions, I'll also use him to go and take care of all the side quests.. My Khajiit character will do Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. I also want to make a Breton or Argonian for a spellcasting character. But that is down the line.

He wanted to be the one she runs to when she gets lonely.

I'd suggest going back and killing him now.

That is a great idea, I may cut his beard off with a knife and keep it as a trophy.

My first character is a mohawked redguard, I named him Magwa in honor of the bad ass villian from Last of the Mohicans. So far the game is fun and I haven't even done a quest yet. I find it hard to choose which weapon I like best, always loved the bow, but the combination of battle axe and dagger is also awesome. Unfortunately I already had my first freeze on a loading screen, bleh.

Anyway, how do I activate the quest to buy a home in Whiterun? I have had trouble coming across it.

Enchanting relies a lot on whether or not you're happy with carrying out an exploit involving an invisible chest filled with Greater Soul gems and enchanted equipment for breaking down.

Smithing requires just buying loads of iron ingots and leather strips and making iron daggers.

Where is the best place to get iron ingots and leather strips though?

Enchanting relies a lot on whether or not you're happy with carrying out an exploit involving an invisible chest filled with Greater Soul gems and enchanted equipment for breaking down.

Smithing requires just buying loads of iron ingots and leather strips and making iron daggers.

Where is the best place to get iron ingots and leather strips though?

The shops restock regularly. What I was doing was buying all the iron ingots and leather strips in Whiterun at the Warmaiden chick whose name I forget, and then forging as many iron daggers as possible then going to Eorlund Greymane and doing the same then fast-travelling to Solitude...doing the same with their black smith, then back to white run until it gets to 100. You will have to wait if the shop is closed when you get there though. Also it might be cheaper to buy a couple pieces of leather and then make them into strips then to buy the strips directly.

Yeah. You level in skills, and when you go up enough it advances your character level, when you can increase a base stat (Magicka/Health/Stamina) and choose a perk. Not sure if advancing in character level ups any hidden stats (speed and so on), but it might. But yeah, if you want to be better at one-handed for instance, you just have to hit shit a lot, or get an enchantment or something.

Can anyone actually confirm how leveling works though? If my Smithing is at 100 and it levels me up a fair bit doing it am I going to get my ass handed to me by every Skeever in Skyrim?

KONGO's right. My cousin fucked up his first character because he exploited how easy it is to skill-up Smithing, so after he hit 100 (and had the "levels" to match), most enemies were grossly overleveled compared to his much-weaker attack/defense stats.

Can anyone actually confirm how leveling works though? If my Smithing is at 100 and it levels me up a fair bit doing it am I going to get my ass handed to me by every Skeever in Skyrim?

KONGO's right. My cousin fucked up his first character because he exploited how easy it is to skill-up Smithing, so after he hit 100 (and had the "levels" to match), most enemies were grossly overleveled compared to his much-weaker attack/defense stats.

Ah, okay, that's what I needed to know. I'm aware of how leveling works, I just needed to know how it works in regards to enemies levels. I think I'll be fine with exploiting my smithing though, seeing as it's level 75 now anyway and my One Handed is level 71. Not exactly a huge gap. I mostly just want the Dragon Armour. I've finally stopped using the Skyforge Steel Sword as I upgraded a Glass Mace to (Epic) and it's got something like 55 Damage, compared to my Skyforge Steel (Epic) which only has 48.