The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

Is there a way that shows can start becoming more dominant as online shows rather than just on TV? It's clear that Community has this massive fan base but due to it's time placement on TV is not being 'watched' according to NBC. If they were to have some sort of online presence or keep up with Hulu figures, shouldn't that be able to be factored into whether a show should be cancelled or not?

Not until they're able to monetize online viewing the way they can with television/Hulu.

Guest mr. potato head

Is there a way that shows can start becoming more dominant as online shows rather than just on TV? It's clear that Community has this massive fan base but due to it's time placement on TV is not being 'watched' according to NBC. If they were to have some sort of online presence or keep up with Hulu figures, shouldn't that be able to be factored into whether a show should be cancelled or not?

Not until they're able to monetize online viewing the way they can with television/Hulu.

Exactly. It all comes down to what advertisers will pay for, and web content is very far down that list.

That was an amazing Community. The post-credits scene of the Dean, Chang, Magnitude, Starburns, and Leonard was incredible. I loved the person who played the Glee instructor. His interactions with the group were hilarious.

That said, holy fuck Alison Brie in that outfit and singing.

Guest mr. potato head

Community was good. The end tag was excellent, yeah. Maybe it's because I don't watch Glee, but I wasn't that into the main story. Community seems to be edging closer to that line of ignoring what made it great in favour of what's easiest (as most shows do around this time, admittedly). They're not there yet, but this is easily their weakest season so far (still one of the best shows on TV though).

Parks and Rec was very good from what I saw, though I did miss most of the second act. Andy was particularly awesome, as were all the gift suggestions and the Ben subplot. And hey, Jean-Ralphio! Only quibble would be that it feels like the writers just can't make up their minds on what they want for long-term plots as far as if Ben and Leslie are together and if she's running for office. Why bring in the campaign advisors, not develop them, and then throw them out in favour of the main cast?

And The Office, surprisingly, more than held its own. I was dreading the worst partway through, figuring Andy and Erin would reunite, but was pleasantly surprised that they're dragging this one out. Jessica seemed oddly appealing as a character given that she hasn't been developed one iota, and even if fleshed out to the level of Carol could be a nice change of pace. Don't care so much for the Darryl/Val stuff, but at least it moved past "Darryl embarrasses himself" to "Darryl embarrasses himself and then redeems himself". Jim's just an insufferable prick now, Season 2 Jim wouldn't have complained about not being able to drink at an office party. And Stanley's Lewis Black routine was just odd.

You are a cruel, sadistic, erection inducing bastard. Well, I mean, the video you posted is. I can't say if you induce erections.

Yet.

Edited by Vitamin E
  • Like 1

That was an amazing Community. The post-credits scene of the Dean, Chang, Magnitude, Starburns, and Leonard was incredible. I loved the person who played the Glee instructor. His interactions with the group were hilarious.

That's Taran Killam, who I've liked ever since he was on Scrubs as the Jimmy the Overly Touchy Orderly. He's been on SNL for the past two seasons and has been fantastic.

Taran Killam is pretty much going to become The Guy on SNL within the next couple years. He's fantastic. Very good night of shows on NBC. Community was great, Parks and Rec was great, and The Office was actually quite solid and maintained my interest, which the last two episodes failed to. Fantastic Erin episode.

I'm about to watch that part. Dear Jesus

I knew that guy looked familiar, I just couldn't place him. At one point I thought to myself, "Didnt he touch people too much somewhere," but I didnt even think of Scrubs.