2011 ICC World Cup Thread

sahyder1

It's official now, but he's hoping for his form to improve now that he's no longer captain. He's said that it was his decision though, and his resignation wasn't forced by the board. It had been coming for a while and the loss to India made it clear in his mind what he was going to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps his spot in the team, so hopefully he'll get back some form.

Well the Kiwis put up a fight but that total was never in any doubt given the strength of the Lanka bats. Time for the main event, I can only imagine how much more intense this will be were it the final. Glad we all, as sports fans, get to experience this.

Couldn't agree more. Definitely saw more of a fight from the Kiwis then I was expecting but it is indeed time for the main event.

Pakistan/India...first time ever in a World Cup Semi Finals. It seems even bigger because the two really haven't played each other much recently. Definitely added pressure on India being the home team. I just read on twitter that it is raining in Mohali right now. I think it is supposed to clear up by tomorrow but it would be shame if the match got shortened because of rain.

Twitter/Facebook will probably be facing some major downtime tomorrow.

Goosebumps, this is going to be amazing

I wish Shoaib Akthar was playing

I was expecting Shoaib Akhtar to play as well but word is he tweaked something in practice.

Pakistan is due for a win having lost to India the previous four times they've played at the World Cup. Pakistan is 17-9 versus India in games played in India though.

Need to get Sehwag out early.