2011 MLS Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Well, New England is just fucked across the board right now. Like, at least Toronto and Vancouver fans have things to hypothetically be excited for (Toronto's MLS season is over this year but they look like they could turn into a serious threat next year, Vancouver... well, they have Hassli and he rules), and all five of the Chivas USA fans can be happy that they're no longer the joke team of MLS. New England is just a pit of misery right now.

Very nearly a perfect night for the Sounders tonight. Had LA somehow lost to San Jose it would have been even better, but picking up a 1-0 road win against fucking FC Dallas with RSL and the Rapids failing to win is pretty fantastic.

And yeah, New York is just... wow. I wish we could have played our away game against them now as opposed to at the start of the season. Pretty good example of how having superstar players doesn't mean you actually have a great team.

The best part is that lineup. When I saw that lineup I was like "man, Sigi just wants a point or to save much of his best players for Columbus and Dallas." And then we fucking beat the defending champions. What an amazing run for the Sounders right now, I'm just flabbergasted.

I mean.... seriously. Our starting forwards were Noonan and Jaqua. We didn't even play Mike Fucito and we won!

I didn't think we could stomp on Columbus harder than we did on Blase Nkufo Hat Trick Night last year, but we did. Jesus Christ, as much as I love being at PAX I wish I could have been at that game. Sounders have become an absolute force, hopefully we close out August by beating Dallas again and heading to the US Open Cup final.

First off, congrats to Cunningham. Always underrated and not ever really appreciated, but you're now the MLS all time leading goal scorer.

Now, holy fuck. Yeah so Sigi still has some good coaching in him. The moment he left Mauro alone to direct things look at what has happened. You signed him to be a playmaker and then try to fit him in places and take that ability away from him. A couple of weeks of that not working and you leave him to his devices and yeah .... you start to roll. Sometimes a good coach is about letting your players do their own thing and Sigi (thankfully for you guys) figured it out with plenty of time left in the season. Holy hell ya'll look good right now. But let's not get too carried away with this whole beating Dallas thing again :P

Speaking of Dallas LOL SKC. The hoops came back from 2 down to win 3-2 with a stoppage time header from rookie Bobby Warshaw (his first league goal).

Mauro Rosales is just incredible. I hope he gets a huge pay raise and sticks around for a good while, it's crazy that he's actually the lowest-paid Sounder right now when he's really become our marquee guy along with Keller and I guess still Montero but not really.

(N) (N) (N) (N) (N) (N)

So nervous over playing Dallas again. Of course, we've had badass wins over both them and Monterrey, but with John back I'm panicky again.

EDIT: WE'RE GONNA WIN THE US OPEN CUP *clap-clap clap-clap-clap clap clap clap-clap clap-clap*