The 'What Football Team Do You Support?' Thread

Hobo

I inherited the Manchester United love from my Grandfather and I support Abahani FC one of Bangladesh's most successful teams.

I like Spurs to do well cause they have always played nice football, in an ideal world United would finish first with Spurs in second, Blackburn is alright too.

I support Aston Villa. I live a five minute walk away from the ground too, which is great (even though Perry Barr/Aston/Witton are total shit holes). I haven't been to many games over the past few seasons but from '00 - '05 I had a season ticket in the Upper Holte. I don't support any other teams as such but I do look out for Wolves and Glasgow Rangers' results.

I live about 10 minutes away from Villa Park in Erdington, I'm a wayward goal kick away from Star City, Summ is about just down the road too.

I'm about 4 hours from St. James' Park though and that's all that really matters. (Y)

I'm not far from Star City either. I pass it regularly on the way to The Fort Shopping Centre. I always thought you lived in Cannock. How did you end up supporting Newcastle? Was it the whole Keegan/Shearer/Ginola/Asprilla attack, attack, attack mentality of the 90's?

But as for a 'premiership team' I think the closest it comes is to Tottenham. But, I wouldn't go anywhere near calling myself a fan. I just really enjoy watching Bale, VDV and others play. Plus, I think Harry is class.

We'll take you then.

I'm a Spurs fan too! Picked them about...ooh 15 years ago when the ABC used to show EPL highlights and I saw "Tottenham Hotspur" on the table and I distinctly remember thinking 'Holy crap, that is an awesome team name!'

The rest is history ;D

I support Aston Villa. I live a five minute walk away from the ground too, which is great (even though Perry Barr/Aston/Witton are total shit holes). I haven't been to many games over the past few seasons but from '00 - '05 I had a season ticket in the Upper Holte. I don't support any other teams as such but I do look out for Wolves and Glasgow Rangers' results.

I live about 10 minutes away from Villa Park in Erdington, I'm a wayward goal kick away from Star City, Summ is about just down the road too.

I'm about 4 hours from St. James' Park though and that's all that really matters. (Y)

I'm not far from Star City either. I pass it regularly on the way to The Fort Shopping Centre. I always thought you lived in Cannock. How did you end up supporting Newcastle? Was it the whole Keegan/Shearer/Ginola/Asprilla attack, attack, attack mentality of the 90's?

I live a short walk from the Fort.

I'm from Cannock originally. I had no parental guidance with regards to football, so I chose a team at random when I was 5 or 6 in 1990, we were mid table in the old division 2.

My favourite team is my local team - Kilmarnock. Of course when I'm at uni Partick Thistle is my local team but I can't be bothered with those guys,

I also like Fiorentina and Roma because of family connections, but also because of their nice strips.

I don't really have a favourite English team, but if I had to pick one it would be Chelsea, but that's more because of Desailly, Zola, Petrescu, Poyet and that lot rather than anything done recently. I liked Middlesbrough for a short spell as well. Dunno why really.

But almost exclusively Kilmarnock.

I'm a Notts County supporter, being that I was born in Nottingham and both my father and grandfather also supported the club for several decades. Unlike most fans, however, I also root for my other local team, Nottingham Forest. As far as I'm concerned, there are simply too many other Midlands rivals, such as Derby and Leicester, to warrant a civil war between the two Nottingham clubs.