House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Hide contents

I don't think Cersei is going to die, everyone around her that she cares about will though.

Spoiler

And that's really the much more tragic fate for her - to lose her children, her father, and probably Jaime. To be left alone, broken, with nobody. 

I actually don't mind Cersei since her imprisonment last season. I'm 100% behind WAR CERSEI right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cloudy said:
  Hide contents

And that's really the much more tragic fate for her - to lose her children, her father, and probably Jaime. To be left alone, broken, with nobody. 

I actually don't mind Cersei since her imprisonment last season. I'm 100% behind WAR CERSEI right now.

So's Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy for all we know.

:shifty:

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Death at the hands of someone she hates, after watching the death of everyone she loves is much worse fate.

48 minutes ago, DhinBuke Zakamura said:
  Hide contents

Death at the hands of someone she hates, after watching the death of everyone she loves is much worse fate.

Spoiler

How so? Once she is dead it's all over. Having to live after seing everyone you love die seems to be a much worse fate to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

How so? Once she is dead it's all over. Having to live after seing everyone you love die seems to be a much worse fate to me.

Spoiler

Because she's already lost two children and it hasn't changed her in the slightest. She's still conniving and she's still playing the game. Even if her son and Jamie died she'd still be a rich, spoiled Lannister. The best fate for her is to watch everyone she loves die, be stripped of all her power and money, and then killed slowly.

35 minutes ago, DhinBuke Zakamura said:
  Hide contents

Because she's already lost two children and it hasn't changed her in the slightest. She's still conniving and she's still playing the game. Even if her son and Jamie died she'd still be a rich, spoiled Lannister. The best fate for her is to watch everyone she loves die, be stripped of all her power and money, and then killed slowly.

Spoiler

Disagree. The only reason she still has influence is because she is the king's mother. Once Tommen is dead she is done. I don't think that whoever takes over after the Lannisters will keep her around. And if we proceed at on the assumption that everyone she cares for dies she won't have any allies. Jamie and Zombie Mountain will probably be dead and once the tables are turned I doubt the creepy former maester that brought the Mountain back to life will stick with her. No help from Casterly Rock either since her uncle, who is in charge there now if I'm not mistaken, hates her. Other than those who else is there? After all she did a great job of pissing everyone off.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

I feel like since a lot of this is speculation and conjecture that spoiler tags may not be warranted anymore, surely, but I'll put this last bit in tags just to be safe for now.

Spoiler

If Cersei's a plotter and a schemer as it is, imagine how much further she'd be willing to go if she lost everyone she loves. She becomes a woman with nothing left to lose, and that's a much more interesting narrative thread than "eh, everyone she loves is dead so may as well just kill her too".

3 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I feel like since a lot of this is speculation and conjecture that spoiler tags may not be warranted anymore, surely, but I'll put this last bit in tags just to be safe for now.

Hide contents

If Cersei's a plotter and a schemer as it is, imagine how much further she'd be willing to go if she lost everyone she loves. She becomes a woman with nothing left to lose, and that's a much more interesting narrative thread than "eh, everyone she loves is dead so may as well just kill her too".

Spoiler

Granted it would be a more interesting narrative but realistically how is she going to accomplish anything without any allies? No one actually likes her and no one has a reason to help her. You might argue that her uncle has some sort of obligation to take her in. But who is going to tell him otherwise when he doesn't help her?

28 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

60809786.jpg :P

Spoiler

I've never once gotten a feeling of Cersei dying in this series, much less this season. I do think the "Tyrell army rides in to save the day" plan they hatched this episode is less than foolproof but still.

Osha on the other hand I fully expected to die as soon as she and Rickon walked in the door at Winterfell. Maybe it's because I legitimately haven't seen her character in two years (is it season 4 she was last in?) but I wasn't exactly bothered by her dying either, Rickon is the bait for Ramsay, not Osha.

Really enjoyed the episode, thought the ending was dead cool and finally made Dany interesting again, for however long that lasts. I read that the CGI quality probably came about because they had to blend Emilia Clarke together with the wider shot of everyone bending the knee, since she didn't shoot her nude scene there in front of a load of extras, and of course because of all the fire that she stepped out of.

Re Cersei:

My current thinking is that when this "war" with the faith guys goes tits up, Tommen is dead, the Tyrells have screwed her over and zombie mountain is dead, it will just be her and Jamie alone. With the metaphorical walls closing in, she asks Jamie to kill her to spare painful death/torture, thus fulfilling the prophecy that her younger sibling will kill her.

I don't remember when if it was last season or the one before, but Cersei had a flashback where a witch of sorts told her that her children would all die etc but I'm not remembering the details exactly.

A general question i had regarding the relevance of the novels:

i know this season is when we spread out away from the source material, but i wasnt sure, is everything going to be brand new, not from any book? And is it meant to be canonical for the books? Like Jon Snow resurrecting, has this already happened or can we take it this is what WILL happen?

I'm only just starting to read the books, so im not that fussed about them being spoiled, just curious. I couldn't imagine how hard it must have been though trying to keep up without having had the show as a reference point.

1 hour ago, Executive Kaney said:

A general question i had regarding the relevance of the novels:

Reveal hidden contents

i know this season is when we spread out away from the source material, but i wasnt sure, is everything going to be brand new, not from any book? And is it meant to be canonical for the books? Like Jon Snow resurrecting, has this already happened or can we take it this is what WILL happen?

I'm only just starting to read the books, so im not that fussed about them being spoiled, just curious. I couldn't imagine how hard it must have been though trying to keep up without having had the show as a reference point.

They've already gone way off book with the show compared to the novels. Most overarching stuff is the same, but a lot's been changed. So stuff that happens in the show may happen in the upcoming book, but it's not canonical. Regarding your spoiler:

Jon Snow died at the end of the last book. It had been assumed by everybody that Melisandre's bringing him back since the book came out five years ago, but that's the sixth book.

There may be some stuff from the books that hasn't been shown yet that still will be. One particular incident from the third book didn't appear on screen until this season. But for the most part, the show's well ahead of where the last book left off. Stuff on the show isn't canonical with the books, but a lot of what happens this season is likely for the sixth book.

• Like 2