EWB's 25 Favourite Films Of All Time

Jimmy

Sorry this has taken so long to get going, but I've tallied up all the votes. Over 243 different films were voted for, but I've narrowed it down to the top twenty five. Each film that made the list had at least three votes and a minimum of twenty points. So, before we start with the eventual list, here are a few films that didn't quite make the top 25.

So close, yet so far

Se7en (19 points)

Kill Bill Vol. 1 (19 points)

Silence of the Lambs (18 points)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (18 points)

Halloween (original) (18 points)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (18 points)

Annie Hall (18 points)

The Princess Bride (17 points)

Clerks (17 points)

Brazil (17 points)

Dr. Strangelove (15 points)

Next time: 25-21

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is fantastic, Terminator 2 is awesome, Dumb and Dumber is good and I haven't seen the other two. I really should've seen Spinal Tap by now. Can't tell whether I'd like Big Fish or not.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Dr. Strangelove and Clerks not even being on the list is a god damn travesty. I bet Fight Club or something equally average scores first place. I'm out of here.

:angry:

Fight Club will almost certainly be first or second, probably Pulp Fiction occupying the other spot. Unless people really do love The Dark Knight that much. And I agree, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest should be here, though I can't remember if I had to bump it from my ten in the end :(

Might wanna check the spelling of Memento :shifty:

Anyway, awesome five. The Prestige is awesome and I need to see it again because I haven't since I saw it in the cinema. Memento and Reservoir Dogs were both on my list - I've seen Memento three times now and it hasn't lost that much lustre from knowing how things turn out, at least for me, and Reservoir Dogs will always be one of my favourites. Toy Story is my favourite animated film of all time and Heat is a fine film.

Kind of happy with American Beauty's spot, kind of disappointed. Being that it's my favourite film I would've preferred it higher up but I'll take 13.

The awesome films keep rolling in - all five of those are also fantastic. Inception is still a great film, Ghostbusters is a classic, The Truman Show is Carrey's best film and Die Hard is quite comfortably the best one man against the world-style action film ever made. Well, next to Commando :shifty: