What have you been playing this week?

Benji

So there's this 2 month window before all the awesome games I want come out (Uncharted 3, Assassin Creed Revelations, etc.). I've finally got round to transferring my profile from my old PS3 to my new one, and it's a Bank Holiday weekend. This calls for a return to console gaming!

Tomorrow I'll be getting LA Noire and Mass Effect 2. However, as far as tonight is concerned, I figure my best option is to attempt to restart my MGS4 game that I got virtually nowhere in (when I stopped I was in South America somewhere, which I think is near the start).

Problem is I'll probably realise that I'm completely out of practice with MGS and have to go back to the beginning to to allow me some lead-in to iron out my shitness.

Finished inFAMOUS 2. Good stuff though I don't like

That you can die in the good path of the game, and so you can free explore they explain that the universe has been rewinded to before the last stage.

Though to be fair, I did have to go back and find a couple things to 'complete' the game.

Playing inFAMOUS 1 again in evil mode now.

inFAMOUS 2 level generator is fun but some of the stuff I tried from other users was terrible. Granted the level I made isn't gold (It's just a good way to get ion charges with mangled Frisky Dingo references thrown in) but at least my spelling errors were intentional...

I've been playing the trial for Street Fighter 3rd Strike quite a bit the past few days and it's great fun but i've been torn on the whole fighting games (sorry Kaney, beat-em-ups) thing for a while. I've never been one for them outside of SFII on the SNES but i've been somewhat interested in them lately, what with SFIV (and it's variations), MK and MvC3. But there's the issues of sticks, their price, which system to get it for etc etc etc. The d-pad seems ok on PS3 but my thumb has gotten slightly sore from playing. Need to try the 360 trial to see how that fairs, not well if i'm to believe all the people who view it's d-pad as the work of Satan himself.

But yeah, the game itself seems really good and when I watched videos about it during E3, it looked like they put a lot of effort into it. I like the various super moves and the parrying system. Some of the characters are really fucking weird. Especially the guy who looks like he's wearing a diaper and is pulling a two-tone look ala Roddy Piper that one time but in blue and red.

I know what you mean - having augs that you want that need to have a few others that you don't want unlocked is a pain in the ass, especially when you know that you ALMOST were able to do something a better way - but that's just the way that the game goes I guess and that's pretty awesome too. I seriously need to give up on a few weapons though, even with added inventory space I am seriously pushing it.

I know what you mean - having augs that you want that need to have a few others that you don't want unlocked is a pain in the ass, especially when you know that you ALMOST were able to do something a better way - but that's just the way that the game goes I guess and that's pretty awesome too. I seriously need to give up on a few weapons though, even with added inventory space I am seriously pushing it.

Yeah...right now I have the stun gun, a pistol, a tranq rifle and an assault rifle. I only really use the stun/pistol, and the assault rifle I used for the boss.

Deus Ex is awesome...until the fucking boss battles pop out of nowhere and ruin my awesome stealthiness. <_<

Exactly! What a dick!

Took up the original Baldur's Gate a few days ago, been hooked every since. It's been like ten-twelve years since I last played it and even though I've barely any of the story so far (only just picked up Kahleed and Jaheira at the Friendly Arm), my party is already rocking the Gibberling and Hobgoblin kills. I totally forgot how much I love this game and the series.

Anyone that had trouble with that boss battle should feel bad. It took less than a minute! I just chucked the massive red crates that night as well have had 'THROW TO MAKE BOOM' written on the side of them. I threw two of those, a yellow one and then killed him with a FIRE EXTINGUISHER to finish him off. :P Wonderful.

Also, reaching him was more of a pain. Really wish I'd upgraded my Hacking instead of wasting Praxis on being able to jump higher. So many Augs I want, so few points. I've got stealth but it's pretty much useless without more energy or more inventory space for multiple energy bars. I'm running around with a Shotgun, Pistol, Combat Rifle and Submachine Gun, but I've only even used Rifle. Think it's time to drop the excess fat.

Since my gout is acting up I have been playing games. Beat Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday and have been playing Prince of Persia (PS3). I'm really thinking about getting my video game blog going as I need to find something to do with my spare time that doesn't involve drinking.

It's alright. The story is a bit dull and it is cell-shaded so some people would be turned off by the graphics. But the controls are simple, fun, and it has one of the nicest menus I've ever seen in a video game.

Resistance 2

If there's one good thing that came out of my old PS3 breaking, it's that I started this game over from the beginning, and I'm so glad I did, because I probably wouldn't have done so otherwise. It's not as good as the first, but it's still good enough to make me want to pick up R3 on Friday.

It's alright. The story is a bit dull and it is cell-shaded so some people would be turned off by the graphics. But the controls are simple, fun, and it has one of the nicest menus I've ever seen in a video game.

There's the 2008 cell shaded game.. but I think he's referring to The Forgotten Sands.

I finally finished Batman Arkham Asylum, took me long enough. Now i'm kind of stuck between starting second walkthrough on Mass Effect 2 or trying to finish Final Fantasy XIII before Arkham City and Catherine are released.

Also tempted to buy Deus Ex: Human Revolution. So many games to play, but where to find the time for them. <_<

Edited by The Sandman

There's the 2008 cell shaded game.. but I think he's referring to The Forgotten Sands.

I was actually referring to the 2008 game, so thanks for the reply.

I was actually referring to the 2008 game, so thanks for the reply.

It's decent if you get it for a low price - combat is somewhat repetitive though. Some of the achievements are quite a challenge to obtain as well.

As for me, I've mostly been playing Top Spin 4 and Child of Eden this week - the former I'm terrible at, the latter is basically Rez HD 2 (I say that as a good thing from my point of view).