What have you been playing this week?

Benji

Thought it might be cool if we had a thread where we look at what we've done this week with our games.

Good week of gaming for me. Finished Dragon Age: Origins story (though won't finish it properly until PS Store is back). Started a second game on it, only for it to freeze after I forgot to save it... five hours in. Autosave did not help because it didn't freeze proper, it just stopped the next wave of enemies in an area where you could not escape, autosave kicked in after the initial wave. Lame.

Also finished Borderlands, barring DLC.

Started Mass Effect, which could be fun, but it seems like Bioware made travelling everywhere a pain in the ass. Long loading times on 'fast' transport, long arduous main base in the citadel (or whatever it's called), then I have to deal with the pain in the ass Mako travelling. The main game is great, but that's driving me insane.

Finished Prince of Persia Prodigy, I last played it almost two years to the day and was halfway through it. Very confusing to jump back into, but way fun. Can't wait for PS Store (again) to open so that I can grab the epilogue DLC.

And no, I've not done much else this week :shifty:

Thought long and hard about getting Brink. I don't usually like shooters, they are too repetitive, especially online.

I don't know if the parkhour gimmick is enough to compensate getting owned by 15 year old nerds all the time.

Am I missing something about Brink? What on earth makes it any different than the other 500 shooters on the market? Looks like Bulletstorm without the dick jokes. Which isn't a bad thing, but I don't see it being a huge fuss.

• Like 1

With TKz on that one.

This week, I've played a shit load of Football Manager, my usual load of simulation games.

Also bought Red Dead Redemption which I've played a bit of, and the Episodes Of Liberty City, completed the ballad of Gay Tony, not getting into the Lost & Damned that much.

I've beaten Portal 2 Co-Op with Eddie (there is video of it :shifty:) ,played a bunch of You DOn't Know Jack, Disgaea 2, and Record of the Agarest War,

Exciting, I know!

Edit: Also, have been trying to play GTA4 again and...I dunno, kinda bored with it :shifty:

I just watched a gameplay video of Brink. it's not like what I'd been sold on. It looks almost identical to Borderlands, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I was sold on it being that crossed with WET. Contemplating whether or not it's worth getting on release now, especially since I'm trying to get a bunch of games main stories completed and LA Noire comes out in less than a fortnight.

EDIT: Holy fuck, I just learned that Duke Nukem and inFamous 2 are also out within just over a month. Brink can go fuck itself for now.

To me, Brink looks like a game that would be better suited in third person, so that you're seeing the customised character/parkour movement.

And from the 7 minute video I saw, it took me just 1 minute to be pissed off by the radio voice overs.

EDIT: As for my gaming week, I didn't play anything at all. My last session playing anything was last Saturday on Borderlands with Benj.

I finished Portal 2. It was awesome. Its obviously not as groundbreaking as the original, but it was still definitely loads of fun. I agree with Yahtzee who said that Portal was an awesome puzzle game that had a pretty good story moulded around it, while Portal 2 has a good story with some awesome puzzles tacked on. Still a great game though.

I'm really wanting LA Noire but I doubt I'll be able to get it on release. Duke Nukem looks awesome and I'll definitely be picking up InFamous 2 as well at some point, but I have so many games on backlist I don't know if I'll ever get round to them.

Brink looks decidedly mediocre. The parkour elements could be fun but you know it's going to be filled with a huge mess of fannys online who won't bother with it and will just camp anyway.

• Like 4

I've wept softly and made pining motions towards the PSN because I really want to play MAG lately.

Other than that, I started a new game of Valkyria Chronicles and am contemplating starting a new game of Disgaea 3.

Been playing The Sims 3 a lot doing a kind of half-hearted legacy, without the nerdy scoring and shit. Just gave birth to the fourth generation and I earn like $19k three or so times a week through businesses/having one guy who's maxed the music career earn like $2.5k a day, busk in the park, hold autograph sessions and play the odd symphony when it comes up. Gonna be fucked when he dies though, which could be any day now. Just started a garden which is coming along nicely and gradually buying up all the businesses in town. I'm starting to spend too much time on there though so I just bought FM to help with the massive void in my life :(

Did an insanely sick spot in SvR2011. BDK vs original edit team of glorious bastard Mister Excitement and his clinically demented brother (known as SMILEY as he wears a smiley-face mask to protect his identity) for the tag belts in a ladder match. Playing as Claudio, going to the top of the ladder to try to dive on Excitement, but SMILEY climbs the ladder instead. What's an evil not-German to do? ALPAMARE WATERSLIDE OFF THE LADDER (using the Celtic Cross from the ladder as a substitute). SMILEY ends up going OVER the nearby ropes, landing on the apron and hitting the floor.

Also playing Fallout New Vegas, FINALLY getting the last of the damage type trophies. Now all I need are the healing trophies (aparrently Sunset Sarsparilla doesn't count as food, boo) and I get my first Platinum.

Oh, and I also discovered a glitch in EA MMA that messes things up in a hilarious, non-gamebreaking way if you choose a name of the ad

Played from October of 80 to December of 84 in a Custom WMMA 3 database, booked 72 cards thus far.

Played through LoZ 1 and LttP, but thats more of a "I've got nothing to do today. lets see how fast I can beat this without dying.." type thing

Played some Goldeneye Online, not as much as I did after it had come out but thats mainly because, its A] The Wii B] It's easily hacked C] I can shoot a guy point blank in the face 6 times and he won't die and D] I really, really suck at FPS'

Been pulling my hair out trying to finish a no equip run on EarthBound, even with Level 90's all around, Diamond Dog is still a pain in my ass.

This week is probably going to be a No Death Run of SMB2 [J] and Contra 3: The Alien Wars and if there is time and I still have all my hair, FF6.

Edited by Beefus of Canada

I've wept softly and made pining motions towards the PSN because I really want to play MAG lately.

Other than that, I started a new game of Valkyria Chronicles and am contemplating starting a new game of Disgaea 3.

MAG was one of the first games I got when I got my PS3. But for some reason, I just can't get into it.

This week I killed some terrorists with Kaney on Splinter Cell Conviction, played the online team portion of FIFA and NHL and bought Plants vs Zombies on Steam and made some progress on that.

I also dabbled in a little Pinball FX 2, Gears 2 and Fable 2.