What have you been playing this week?

Benji

This week I have been completely giving up on Rayman: Origins. Fuck it's tiny graphics that hurt my eyes and make it borderline unplayable on two-player because it zooms out so much I can't see where the fuck I am, and fuck it's stupid chase levels where if I press a jump a split-second early or late there's no possible way to recover and actually beat the level, and fuck it's tiny graphics again for good measure.

Nearly finished Dragon Age 2, just got the last mission to go and that makes three games completed in as many weeks. My goal is to make sure I've completed every game in my collection (at least to story end) by the end of the year, and I seem to be doing it well, but soon I'll have to delve into the half complete pile and jump into games that I've forgotten the controls for :(

Thought I'd dust off my original X-Box and play some X-Men Legends I (as its not compatible with the 360 yet turdtastic Showdown Legends of Wrestling is >_>). Forgot how great this game actually was. Shame the sequel didn't hold my attention like the first, and the roster is epic. Throw in Bishop, Kitty Pryde & Angel and I couldn't fault it at all. I often wonder if they went back to the franchise, how much DLC there would be in a third one (Sage, Havok & Polaris would've been awesome)

Thought I'd dust off my original X-Box and play some X-Men Legends I (as its not compatible with the 360 yet turdtastic Showdown Legends of Wrestling is >_>). Forgot how great this game actually was. Shame the sequel didn't hold my attention like the first, and the roster is epic. Throw in Bishop, Kitty Pryde & Angel and I couldn't fault it at all. I often wonder if they went back to the franchise, how much DLC there would be in a third one (Sage, Havok & Polaris would've been awesome)

Oh God yes! I did the same recently on the Gamecube and had an absolute blast! Couldn't get into the second, which sucks because Juggernaut was very fun to use!

I want to finish X-Men Legends but I never have. The first time it was one of those games I just play for so long, stop for no real reason and never go back to. Then a few years ago when my Xbox was dead, I went back to the PS2 and vowed to beat it. I did not. <_<

I'm also trophy hunting, mainly the first 2 Uncharted games both are my friend's and I've had them since April. I've now platinumed Uncharted, and I've just finished Uncharted 2 on hard. Aside from doing it on crushing, I've mainly just got about 40 treasures to collect, then the weapons kills. Oh and complete a game on Co-op, but apparently no one in the world was playing co-op last night when I tried :shifty:.

I may do some more of NFS: Hot Pursuit as a break from the Uncharted series though, before finishing off 2 completely and heading back to the wonderfulness of Uncharted 3.

really it's not 360 compatible? lame I have the original sitting around too then. the original wasn't bad, I really liked Legends 2 a lot more though. more/better characters and of course the Age of Apocalypse setting was pretty cool. they should make an X-Men Legends 3, X-Men Destiny was pretty terrible. should have just stuck with what works.

really it's not 360 compatible? lame I have the original sitting around too then. the original wasn't bad, I really liked Legends 2 a lot more though. more/better characters and of course the Age of Apocalypse setting was pretty cool. they should make an X-Men Legends 3, X-Men Destiny was pretty terrible. should have just stuck with what works.

Don't get me wrong XL2 was still decent, I just don't like it when certain games lose certain characters just to replace them with others. They spent the whole time building up Magma, only for not a single appearance in the second. And apart from Juggernaut and occasionally Scarlet Witch the Brotherhood weren't all that great to play as. I once wrote an article on my ideas for a third game where Mr. Sinister goes to the Hellfire Club to help him finance a new lab to clone Summers and Grey, with Arcade and return to the Shadow Realm, and some side missions in the Savage Lands. Then went into Dark Phoenix with the Shi'ar Empire, and the cliffhanger was that Xavier struck with the grief of Grey unleashed an evil within himself (setting up Onslaught for XL4) Really wish they'd continued them to be honest, I never really got into Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Edited by zrc

Finally got around to finishing Dead Island. I don't think I've ever start/stopped playing a game so much in my life. It's not bad, it's just very average and repetitive. Glad it's done with so that I don't feel like I have to go back to it and finish it.

Not sure whether to finish up Alan Wake, or MW3, or start Bioshock 2 next.

Still need to do my big game catchup, but saw a few games on the cheap and had to invest. Halfway through LA Noire which I'm loving and just finished the single player on Portal 2 which was wonderful all round. So my list is now finish LA Noire before probably moving on to Arkham City, then I'm back to trying to finally do MGS4 and Red Dead (near the end I think!).

Then I'm really reaching back, will finally get God of War 3, then consider starting on Uncharted and Assassins Creed from the start. Still never played a Bioshock, half a dozen Wii games more or less untouched, not enough time in the day these days...