2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

We've signed Christian Ceballos from Barcelona. Is he any good? Or just another Giovani dos Santos.

You hope he's as good as GDS.

Don't see Hamsik moving on, especially when Napoli is signing Inler and are going after Vidal. I think they're building a pretty good squad.

Also, Malaga are apparently not done. They're in for Diego.

• Admin

When Giovani has played for us, he's been far too lightweight and clearly isn't cut out for a physical league such as ours. That and he supposedly has a poor attitude. His promising showings for Mexico recently will hopefully add a couple of million onto his price tag.

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Samir Nasri could leave Arsenal, but not to join Manchester United.

The United manager spoke to the press shortly after arriving in Boston for the start of the club's pre-season tour of the United States.

With Paul Scholes now retired, Ferguson is on the look-out for a replacement, with Nasri, Wesley Sneijder and Luka Modric all being linked with a summer switch to Old Trafford.

Nasri has also been connected with Manchester City, with both they and United said to have bid around £20million for the France midfielder.

But Ferguson hinted that if he is leaving the Emirates this summer, it could be to the other side of Manchester.

"I don't think he is coming to United," he said.

"That is all I can tell you. I think that he has agreed to go somewhere else."

Nasri has gone on tour with Arsenal to Malaysia and manager Arsene Wenger believes he will still be at the club next season.

But the French boss also indicated that he may keep the player for the final year of his contract and risk losing him on a free transfer in 12 months' time.

"That is his decision," said Ferguson. "He is the manager.

"If he stands by that decision, it is a brave one.

"I don't know if the (Arsenal) directors will enjoy that one, but it is possible. Maybe he will have to stay."

GDS is a much different player than the 19 year old kid that you guys trotted out for 10 games before getting injured. Hell, Lennon makes him look like a giant so the whole "small and not physical enough" just seems an excuse. That said, I'd love to see him leave Tottenham so I could like the guy again :pervert:

Meh, there'd be quite a few people that look like crap if their "run outs" were at 19 and there were only what, 10 of em. Just saying. But yeah, most Mexican players aren't suited for the EPL style of play. Especially that group that GDS is from (also includes Carlos Vela, Hector Moreno, Efrain Juarez). I'd love to see those little shits in the Erediviesi or in Spain.

Also Bendtner seems an odd fit at Dortmund. Meh, good size for the league easily but I dunno, just don't see him as a Bundesliga guy.

SSN are reporting that Corinthians have made a £35m bid for Carlos Tevez :huh:

Looks like it may be a loan move. Says they are unlikely to meet the valuation that City want but instead want to get him on a season long loan, need to do it quick though as their transfer window shuts pretty soon. Makes sense, he's played their before and it would allow him to be closer to his kids. Boca look near certainty in not wanting to get him as they are hoping to stabilise finances so they don't end up like River Plate.

If City let Tevez it'd be better for them to go to Madrid who have supposedly offered cash + either Higuain or Benzema but Tevez won't go Spain or Italy. With Adebayor and Bellamy not wanting to be at the club, Dzeko not really having performed (although it was a January transfer window signing so i'd say his lack of form can be understandable) and Balotelli being inconsistent there isn't much to go from for City in terms of consistent strikers.

Tevez could end up going to Spain or Italy, though. He lies constantly and I have no reason to believe he isn't lying again. Maybe he does want to be closer to his family, and he won't get wages near the reported £230,000 a week he's on, but I can see him going off to Spain. He does whatever he and Kia thing is best for them and no one else. Let's just hope if he does go back to Corinthians he doesn't decide the manager is xenophobic and strike again.

With Modric, adding another £5m is probably a wise move. It most likely will get rejected, but with Modric's "broken agreement" comment - essentially a transfer request without submitting one - Chelsea will probably assume they hold the cards now. They're probably convinced they have Modric on side and don't need to offer extraordinary amounts of money because they'll be expecting Modric to go to Levy and help push it through.

I'm also starting to think Nasri will still be an Arsenal player for the next season. Not sure by Fabregas but I think Arsene will do with Nasri what he did with Fabregas last year and pretty much plead for him to stay, like some cheating boyfriend wailing "I can change" and getting a second chance. Improving his contract (equivalent of buying her some jewellry or other poncy shit like that) to make it worthwhile. ¬_¬

That said Nasri at Man Utd working in the centre of the park would be a sign of intent from them. Definite step up from your Carrick's and Anderson's in class is Nasri, and would maybe make them a little more fearsome in the centre.

Sneijder to sign for United as early as tomorrow.

...if The Sun are to be believed. :shifty:

They have a 'source' that reckons whatever he and Inter are saying in public is nonsense, and the deal is pretty much done.

I would have an instant boner, but I can't see it happening personally.

Latest rumours say we're not interested in Hutton. Downing seems set to stay according to Eck - which means we're not after N'Zog according to Kendrick. We're "monitoring" Parker but expected not to move for him - which is just weird.

Sneijder to sign for United as early as tomorrow.

...if The Sun are to be believed. :shifty:

They have a 'source' that reckons whatever he and Inter are saying in public is nonsense, and the deal is pretty much done.

I would have an instant boner, but I can't see it happening personally.

Not if he goes to Malaga. :shifty:

What do you guys know about Scot Cuthbert, Leon McSweeney, Jamie Cureton and Marc Laird? They've all signed for Orient on free's. I know Cureton was good a while back, and while it seems weird signing a 35 year old striker, he is still younger than our previous top goalscorer by 3 years.

Leon McSweeney is from my part of Ireland and used to play for Cork City when I used to go watch them regularly. He was handy scoring a few decent goals before moving on. To be fair, he's not great for a City standard export, but this is the same club that produced David Meyler, Shane Long and Kevin Doyle so he's never going to be up their scratch.

I miss Kevin Doyle playing ove here so much, towards the end of his Cork City career he was just so far and away better than anyone in the entire league, it was frightening. Being at his last ever game where he ran the show, scored twice befor being taken off with 20 minutes to go and getting a huge ovation by everyone in the stadium, still gives me goosebumps to this day.

Edited by The Cool One

Summer's not been kind to Giggsy...

article-0-0CF7130800000578-310_468x716.jpg

It's almost as if he's had a stressful time....

Lack of sex probably.

Corinthians use all the money they've made flogging their sexy away shirt to bid £35m for Carlos Tevez.

McSweeney is alright, works hard but we released him which is saying something.

Oh and tco, cork also gave us that pile of sit denis behan, makes up for the good players.

Edited by McDanlad's