2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Would rather have Carrick and Fletcher in the middle than any combination of Barton and one of them. Similarly though, Barton would improve our midfield quite a bit, not because of his talent but entirely because of his attitude, which on a football pitch, is generally good - but doesn't completely hide the fact he's an egotisitcal prick.

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering one of the most unexpected transfer moves of his 24-year tenure as Manchester United manager - a bid for Joey Barton.

I love the Sunday papers :lmao:

I don't know what's so funny. He's better than any centre midfield player you lot have at the moment.

Don't be fucking silly :lol:

I think it's a possible as he's a solid squad player, who Alex Ferguson will think he can tame, and will count towards the home-grown player rule. Ferdinand, Owen and Giggs won't have much steam left in them. Brown, O'Shea, Hargreaves and Scholes can no longer count. He'd pose as a nice stop-cap rather than putting Cleverley fully into the fold before he's ready.

As far as I know the only concrete interest in N'Zogbia has been Villa and us, and since we haven't got the funds free'd up to put together an offer, it's all Villa's for the taking.

Too many high earners with no talent clogging up our wage bill such as McCartney, Kilgallon, probably even Ferdinand given our signings. No way could we stump up £10m and then £40-50k a week for the sleepless one.

Alan Smith offered a contract by USL side Orlando City ? Whhaaaaaaaat ... that's 3rd tier in 'Mericuh ... unless there's an Orlando City over there I've never heard of. Of course, it is the Sun but really ? OC is what they come up with ?

Emmanuel Eboue is close to signing for Galatasaray.

Alan Smith offered a contract by USL side Orlando City ? Whhaaaaaaaat ... that's 3rd tier in 'Mericuh ... unless there's an Orlando City over there I've never heard of. Of course, it is the Sun but really ? OC is what they come up with ?

serious? at least Arsenal are getting rid of some of their dead weight.

I believe we're just to play them at the Citrus Bowl this week, may have already, that's where the link probably comes from.

EDIT: And by due to play then, I mean lost to them 1-0. Hey, it's a step up for Smudge ...

Absolutely delighted with N'Zogbia. Downey out for £20m and N'Zogbia in for £9.5m what a fantastic piece of business.

Reminds me of Villa fans' reaction to Ireland and 16-18m for Milner :shifty:

Seriously though, N'Zogbia is a fine player and I hope he does well for you.

Edited by Pesci

Warnock probably won't even last ten games, let alone ten months.

Thanks for reminding me we've got to put up with this utter twat. I was so excited for the new season starting until I remembered he was back in the PL.

Brilliant business from Villa getting rid of Downing for that amount and replacing him with a better player for half that price.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Big year for Albrighton this season. N'Zogbia is a good signing for Villa assists wise not much of a goalscorer but if you've got the king of the tap in Darren Bent on form with N'Zogbia on the left and Albrighton on the right then you should be getting the crosses in for Bent. Be interesting to see if Villa can step it up and challenge for Europa League maybe.

Also supposedly we are going to loan out Aquilani to Fiorentina with an option to buy for about 11mil and that we have signed some young American striker for the academy.

Colin is brilliant, fuck you all. Much rather him than half of the boring twats that are managing in the PL.

Oh and we've signed Lonergan from PNE. Hopefully he'll be an improvement on Kasper, we'll see.

• Like 1

Albrighton is brilliant. Really excited for the upcoming season for our younger players. Albrighton is direct, quick, has an amazing cross and isn't afraid to take players on. He needs consistency this season, though. I have no worries in him being a first team winger though. Delph has a huge season ahead. I can't wait to see Bannan, Clark and Delfouneso in action too. Bannan is a brilliant player, probably one of the most talented footballers who is a youth product in the Premiership.

Albrighton is brilliant. Really excited for the upcoming season for our younger players. Albrighton is direct, quick, has an amazing cross and isn't afraid to take players on. He needs consistency this season, though. I have no worries in him being a first team winger though. Delph has a huge season ahead. I can't wait to see Bannan, Clark and Delfouneso in action too. Bannan is a brilliant player, probably one of the most talented footballers who is a youth product in the Premiership.

Agreed, scandalous that we didn't use him as much as we could've last season when he was on loan.