2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Verdict on Hogg then?

Also, Diego Forlan has all-but completed a move to Inter Milan.

Hogg is a good little player. Central midfielder, defensively minded. He's "nippy" in the Reo-Coker way. Will make a nuisance of himself and put himself around. Very strong in the tackle. Decent on the ball, too. Needs a good run of games.

Also, with Young gone, I want a new player in before our next game. Otherwise it's ridiculous.

Luke Young confirmed to QPR. Good signing for them. I'm OK with it, if we can draft Hutton in to replace.

Hopefully you will get Hutton.

We'll throw in Jenas as a gift.

Nobody wants your trash :shifty: .... not even my "we're looking for warm bodies, let alone anyone that can play soccer" Gunners.

Verdict on Hogg then?

Hogg is a good little player. Central midfielder, defensively minded. He's "nippy" in the Reo-Coker way. Will make a nuisance of himself and put himself around. Very strong in the tackle. Decent on the ball, too. Needs a good run of games.

Also, with Young gone, I want a new player in before our next game. Otherwise it's ridiculous.

I think we need a new fullback, central mid, backup winger and backup striker.

Verdict on Hogg then?

I think we need a new fullback, central mid, backup winger and backup striker.

Never gonna happen. Two players at most coming. Full back and midfielder.

To Betis, I believe.

Chelsea have signed another U21 who will (apparently) be immediately sent out on loan: Ulises Davila, 20 year old Mexican attacking midfielder/forward. Probably going straight off to Vitesse because of a lack of work permit. Whether he'll ever actually end up playing for Chelsea is another question.

I just like that we've signed a player called Ulises, in addition to a player called Thibaut. Since these players are now named Ulysses and Tybalt in my head, it's like we're collecting the most badass names from historical literature.

Now all we need is a guy called Sinbad.

So Hutton hopefully off to Aston Villa (tends to give away a few penalties per season and runs forward without thinking about the space he's leaving behind).

Crouch and Palacios to Stoke.

Then it seems like we're after some older players - Bellamy (32), Parker (30) and Joe Cole (29). I guess historically they're at the peak of their careers (well except Bellamy maybe).

I guess that it's trading up so that's alright. (Y)

Crouch and Palacios to Stoke.

Then it seems like we're after some older players - Bellamy (32), Parker (30) and Joe Cole (29). I guess historically they're at the peak of their careers (well except Bellamy maybe).

I guess that it's trading up so that's alright. (Y)

I've come to the conclusion 'arry is really pissed off and is trying to work his way out of the club :( Can't see where any of them would really be trading up :huh:

Evidence would suggest that Joe Cole peaked in 2006.

This. Joe Cole is a shaddow of his former self, as last season with us showed. He tries and tries but just doesnt have it in him anymore.

That said, I'd love 'Arry to pay £4 million for him and his massive wages