2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I should probably learn how to read, but that just goes to show how frightened I was that we weren't willing to snap Spurs' hand off for any offer.

£4 million was the figure I read somewhere, may have been the Daily Post. I'd happily see him go on a free if it get's the wages off the bill.

• Admin
1540: BREAKING NEWS

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker is on the verge of joining Tottenham. "It will come to fruition in the next 24 hours or so," said Hammers boss Sam Allardyce.

Vladimir Weiss' move to Dynamo Kiev fell through, so he's joining Espanyol instead.

Fulham are closing in on the signing of Czech Republic defender Zdenek Grygera from Juventus.

Freddie Ljungberg has signed for J-League side Shimizu S-Pulse.

In today's rumours

Newcastle have made a breakthrough in their chase for a new full-back after agreeing a deal for Inter Milan's Davide Santon

I swear, if this is true and this guy really does live up to the hype... he'll be the best purchase we've made for years :o

Then again, Emre looked a quality player <_<

Emre was a quality player, had him and Parker worked out who went forward and who stayed back he'd have been even better.

I'll believe Santon when I see it, but if rumours of him, Pieters at left back and a new striker by Wednesday are true I'll be a very very happy camper with this Summers transfer dealings. Even if we don't (do need a left back though) we're still a better team than last year, no matter how many times Hansen, Merson et al decided we're 'relegation candidates'.

Emre was a quality player, had him and Parker worked out who went forward and who stayed back he'd have been even better.

I'll believe Santon when I see it, but if rumours of him, Pieters at left back and a new striker by Wednesday are true I'll be a very very happy camper with this Summers transfer dealings. Even if we don't (do need a left back though) we're still a better team than last year, no matter how many times Hansen, Merson et al decided we're 'relegation candidates'.

What? Santon? Jesus fuck.

Seems Makoun is on his way, why is this? Was he a poor signing?

He was okay last season. Looked very good on the ball, looked a bit poor in the tackle. I had high hopes for him this season though. He obviously doesn't figure. Maybe we don't want to pay his wages if we don't see him playing a big part. We're having big wage issues at the moment and are trying to shift out high earners before we make any moves. Eck did say no one would leave without a replacement. Since then.. Young, Hogg & now Makoun are going. So.. I'm hopeful for late deals. I imagine I'll be let down, though.

It's not really stalled, he's just struggled to get in ahead of Maicon and Chivu really at Inter and wants first team football. He's still got a few areas where he needs to improve upon, but he's still got the potential to be a fantastic player. Still very highly thought of in Italy and a move is best for him right now, it'll help his international career too, because he really needs to be playing on a regular basis.

Brilliant signing if it happens, will be interesting to see how he fairs in England.

According to the Israeli press, Yossi has left Chelsea and is in talks with us and Lille over a move. Highly doubt he would have left Chelsea like but if it is true I wouldn't mind having him back at Anfield, loved him when he was here.

Santon now breaking on Sky Sports News. I'd assumed it was a Gervinho-esque wild rumour, clearly I was blissfully wrong. Only question is whether he's the replacement for Enrique or (please!) we're still bringing a left back in and Santon is to replace the terminally awful Danny Simpson.