Games that should be given the HD treatment.

TKz

Halo

[/sony fanboy] :shifty:

Aren't they already doing that for the tenth anniversary?

I meant moreso the fact that the 360 Halo games are supposedly in like 576p or something stupid. Well, 3 and ODST at least. I imagine that Reach is better since they updated the engine and what not.

Well, quite honestly, I just love everything about the game... The fighting is excellent, Dante is a good character (except maybe in 2, but the game sucked. I only wanted a trilogy for completionist reasons), and the story is pretty good, especially in the third game. Add a killer soundtrack, and we have some of my favorite games (Y)

ORO's suggestion of Smash TV is a great one. Be it a complete 3D re-imagining or just an HD upgrade.

I also think Mutant League Football/Hockey with today's potential engines could be a lot of fun. The brutality and gore could be upped big time these days.

HD remakes of Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and Peace Walker have now been announced for the PS3 and Xbox 360, along with Zone of the Enders 1 and 2. Silent Hill 2 and 3 will also be given the HD treatment, although the platforms have not been confirmed yet.

I'd love to see them do an updated version of LA Noire, only in high definition. Can you imagine how amazing that game could be if, instead of just having to push X when your controller vibrates as you move your view past important clues, if you could actually sit suspects down and interview them? And when you did, if their expressions changed so you could tell if they were nervous, or being deceitful?

Yeah, a version of LA Noire with today's technology and HD graphics would be amazing.

• Like 4

HD remakes of Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and Peace Walker have now been announced for the PS3 and Xbox 360, along with Zone of the Enders 1 and 2. Silent Hill 2 and 3 will also be given the HD treatment, although the platforms have not been confirmed yet.

This is the best news ever.

Kingdom Hearts I & II, with either Chain of Memories or Birth By Sleep.

Would prefer the former, as I have the latter. Hopefully would be announced at the same time as KHIII, so just after KH3D is released.

Kingdom Hearts I & II, with either Chain of Memories or Birth By Sleep.

Would prefer the former, as I have the latter. Hopefully would be announced at the same time as KHIII, so just after KH3D is released.

You'd waste Square remakes on Kingdom Hearts? Shame on you, Momo. Shame on you.

KH: Birth By Sleep is easily the best thing Square-Enix has put out since FFX. They're also far more likely to receive a collection, as they're a proper series, and not just a bunch of completely different games with the same name.

If I could, I'd get an FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII Collection going, but aside from the voice acting, I don't think they really need the HD upgrade. The earlier Final Fantasies are just too long ago and would require a complete do over just to get them done. World Maps are just too large and require too much space, and with the detail fans would be demanding, it just wouldn't be possible, so I won't even ask.

The only other Square-Enix series I care about is Star Ocean, and in all honesty, I'd do the reverse to it. Having beaten 1 & 2, and now moving on to 3, I think they should be moved back to Sprites on a world map with Anime cut scenes in a PSP/DS game, not whatever they've done to it now. I've not made it to SO4 yet, so I can't judge, but I'd venture my feelings on it will closely mirror those of SO3's.

Silent Hill remakes :w00t:

Too bad they won't do the first one, but, quite honestly, between the first three, it was my least favorite one (maybe it has to do with the fact that it was the last Silent Hill I played and I couldn't get past the lousy graphics and clunky gameplay, even though the story was excellent). Still, I would've liked the first one as well, but I'll accept this. I also might give MGS a shot as well.