2011 College Football Season

No. But 4 interceptions, 4 missed field goals, 13 penalties, a Heisman candidate that was a non-factor..that was a bad game. It was a strong defensive game because both offenses sucked

I thought the LSU/Bama game was really entertaining even without touchdowns. It was intense and had me glued to my seat. I basically accomplished nothing today until lunchtime because of it. Not every game has to be OkState/KState to be entertaining.

^ that.

I mean, how is it that soccer can be fantastic with a 0-0 scoreline but football can't with a 9-6 line ? I'm not directing that at anyone in the thread but it's a prevailing argument that comes up with both sports and it's annoying as fuck.

The Heisman candidate was a non-factor because of LSU's D and approach to the game on that side of the ball. The knew 'Bama couldn't consistently toss the ball down field and left guys on islands because of it. Didn't get burned once. The two best pass plays for 'Bama on the night were an outlet to Richardson and a quick out when he was in the slot and the nickel corner got lost on who he was supposed to cover. That was it.

It isn't like the 4 INTs were just thrown straight to the defense. Those secondary guys made plays.

It was bad ass to see two of the top 10 college defenses I've ever seen play against each other. That rarely ever happens.

No. But 4 interceptions, 4 missed field goals, 13 penalties, a Heisman candidate that was a non-factor..

Those things all happened, but it doesn't make it a bad game. These aren't pros making squillions of dollars who shouldn't have excuses - these are kids, and they're trying their best. To bag them out and say that such a gripping game was bad because DAMMIT MAN I WANNA SEE TOUCHDOWNS I think is really pretty ignorant of the context of the game. These kids are alright.

As a fan that's new to football, I found it highly intriguing that there was this David vs. Goliath matchup every single snap where the D essentially has said YOOOUUUU. SHALL NOT. PASSSSS. And lo and behold, they didn't pass. It was The Beautiful Struggle in football form.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7202990/mississippi-rebels-retain-houston-nutt-coach-sources-say

Not very surprising, but it sounds like Houston Nutt is done at Ole Miss. The guy had two nine-win seasons in his first two years mooching off the talent that Orgeron brought in. Hasn't accomplished diddly since. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets out of the SEC, but he's way over his head in that conference when it comes to coaching.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7202990/mississippi-rebels-retain-houston-nutt-coach-sources-say

Not very surprising, but it sounds like Houston Nutt is done at Ole Miss. The guy had two nine-win seasons in his first two years mooching off the talent that Orgeron brought in. Hasn't accomplished diddly since. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets out of the SEC, but he's way over his head in that conference when it comes to coaching.

I think its more Ole Miss ... He did well with Arkansas

I'm pretty sure we're not getting the full story from Penn State and I'm also pretty sure we're not going to like what else we find out.

When I find out my assistant is abusing children I don't got to the AD and then bury my head in the sand. Something doesn't make sense.

I think JoePa's issues stem from 1 - not wanting to believe it and 2 - the subsequent "non findings" ....

If you haven't, and want to know what actually was found ... check out the Washington Post's Grand Jury findings. It'll make you want to make a certain old man (not JoePa) disappear.

Boise State's kicking game strikes again. They were never getting into the BCS Title game, but now they'll probably drop out of the top 15 and I'm just hoping that either Stanford or Oklahoma State go undefeated so I don't have to watch a horrendous 'Bama/LSU rematch.

Holy hell what a day for Collin Klein.

Stanford/Oregon and the Cardinal doesn't look too great so far. They need their defense to work on keeping it close.

I've got a hunch UGA might shake everything up in the SEC title game. They're playing really well right now.

Maryland is playing like the usual tenants of FedEx Field.

Boise is further proof of why you need to recruit a kicker.

Fun day all in all.