2011 College Football Season

Well so long as Houston run the board they are guaranteed a BCS game by virtue of being the highest non AQ champion. Otherwise it could fall to TCU or Southern Miss if they beat Houston in the C-USA championship.

Edit: Ugh, not Sun Belt, but C-USA. That's what I get for just having woken up <_<

Here's your stat of the century. If a couple of upsets are pulled, all but 1 team in the Big East will be bowl eligible. More importantly, at best their BCS representative (who will hopefully the sacrificial lamb to Boise or Houston) will finish the season 9-3.

The way the Pac-12 shaked out this year is weird, but UCLA is totally the best team in the South that is postseason eligible.

Andrew Luck currently trying to outdo Richardson's Iron Bowl performance in his last Heisman audition. I think he should get it either way, Richardson tacked on a ton of yards today after the game was a rout and Bama was just running the ball to run out the clock. Granted if defensive players were eligible for the trophy there are about 10 people I'd put in front of either of them.

Here's your stat of the century. If a couple of upsets are pulled, all but 1 team in the Big East will be bowl eligible. More importantly, at best their BCS representative (who will hopefully the sacrificial lamb to Boise or Houston) will finish the season 9-3.

The way the Pac-12 shaked out this year is weird, but UCLA is totally the best team in the South that is postseason eligible.

Andrew Luck currently trying to outdo Richardson's Iron Bowl performance in his last Heisman audition. I think he should get it either way, Richardson tacked on a ton of yards today after the game was a rout and Bama was just running the ball to run out the clock. Granted if defensive players were eligible for the trophy there are about 10 people I'd put in front of either of them.

Like the cornerback from LSU.. Mathieu. He is a ball hawk

EDIT: Actually they are eligible. It just so rare for them to get it.

Edited by DT

It was sarcasm, Charles Woodson won it in 97. You have to be the best defensive player in the country and probably play Special Teams or some offensive snaps to have a shot though. The Honey Badger has to be a frontrunner for the Heisman next year if he keeps himself together, guy is unbelievably talented.

It was sarcasm, Charles Woodson won it in 97. You have to be the best defensive player in the country and probably play Special Teams or some offensive snaps to have a shot though. The Honey Badger has to be a frontrunner for the Heisman next year if he keeps himself together, guy is unbelievably talented.

I agree. He's a very good player. But their whole defense is loaded. There's one thing I've come to expect with LSU (as an Oregon fan) and that's a very strong secondary and linebacker core

Boots in asses, y'all. USC, 2011 PAC-12 South Champions, don't care who plays for the title.

I love Rick Neuheisel, but something needs to change. I'm not sure that change needs to be Mike Leach, though. Definitely someone from outside the Bruin family. Art Briles would be a good shout.

You really don't want Leach ..... and leave Briles alone, he's a Texas boy and that's where he needs to stay. :angry:

He was basically hired by Maryland last December but didn't get a contract offer for whatever reason. The "happy not coaching" excuse is so paper thin since teams who didn't hire a guy aren't going to throw him under the bus. It could be true, but I think Maryland's boosters weren't thrilled given his resume and eccentricities and that's why he didn't get a job for which everyone assumed he was a lock.

Heard it was because he's happy not coaching right now.

Uh yeah, drunks are happy not having to do anything but drink. Other than that, that line is a load of shit.

Maryland was all over this guy until they took more than 5 seconds to open the book on Leach. Let's just say Tech was the perfect fit for this tool.

Looking at the BCS Standings, I really hope OkSU catches Bama. I actually won't watch a rematch between Bama/LSU. Even more so than the bullshit it would be, there is zero way to justify to anyone that Bama would be the National Champion if they win that game. Also, no way Boise is left out of an at large. 7th and nobody behind them has less than 2 losses (Arkansas likely getting left out of Bama/LSU don't rematch).