2011 College Football Season

Musberger made a terrible point, comparing this rematch to Giants/Pats Superbowl rematch, which it isn't even remotely like. Then he made the excellent point that Alabama gets to sit at home and make it into the National Championship game, because they weren't good enough to get into their conference championship game, while LSU had to earn their way in by playing today. Oklahoma State has just as many losses as Alabama, difference is, they were out there knocking off the #10 team in the country today and winning their conference title.

That was domination from Oklahoma State. The southern voters are going to block them getting enough number 2 votes in the polls so their conference can get both members in the title game. These are the same voters who will make sure RG3 and Luck are as far down on their Heisman ballots as possible so that Trent Richardson can cruise to the trophy like Ingram did 2 years ago.

In response to Meacon I think it might alternate, I was looking at bowl projections and everyone has Clemson vs. West Virginia in the Orange Bowl. Not a bad game when you look at it on paper, should be pretty exciting. Though with Houston shitting the bed I guess everything might be up in the air. Right now the only lock is Oregon vs. Wisconsin in Pasadena. Michigan looks to be a lock for our annual "Oh come on" selection in the Sugar Bowl. Ok St/Alabama vs. Stanford is almost certainly the Fiesta Bowl.

We'll have all our answers tomorrow.

Apparently, OKS have to get no fewer than 75% of the 2nd place votes and 25% of the 3rd place votes in order to leapfrog Alabama. I can't see anybody placing them below 3rd, so the latter part should be no issue...but the math just seems very difficult to make up. I'm pretty sure a lot of writers had already resigned themselves to an LSU/Bama title game no matter what. ESPN certainly makes it seem that way.

I read it as the other way around last night during the game because they will be #2 in the computers

They wouldn't necessarily play the Big East Champs, though would they?

They got destroyed by Stanford in the Orange Bowl last year. I just assumed the Orange Bowl would take an At-Large over the Big Least Champs. Don't the Fiesta Bowl get last dibs, or does it alternate?

It rotates every year. This year it is Fiesta/Sugar/Orange. Next year it's Orange/Fiesta/Sugar.

I'm actually excited about Clemson/West Virginia because their styles match up well. It will be high-scoring, and while I'm not the biggest fan of high-scoring games it'll likely be a fun back-and-forth game. Wisconsin/Oregon has serious "over by halftime" potential. Not looking forward to Michigan getting in a BCS game, but Robinson is fun to watch. I'd love Baylor over Michigan but it won't happen.

Boooo. First good season the Red Wolves have had in a while, first Bowl game since '05 and Hugh Freeze is taking a job with Ole Miss next year. Blah.

Fuck that. Thought OkState did enough last night.

An interesting point was brought up today. If Bama beats LSU in the game... who is the National Champion? I really wanted to see OkSt in the game, but it just means that once again I'm more interested in the lower BCS games than the National Championship. 6 years running now.

Fuck that. Thought OkState did enough last night.

An interesting point was brought up today. If Bama beats LSU in the game... who is the National Champion? I really wanted to see OkSt in the game, but it just means that once again I'm more interested in the lower BCS games than the National Championship. 6 years running now.

Alabama because losing last is worse than losing first. The voters don't have the testicular fortitude to go for a split champion even if Alabama wins by 3 and Oklahoma St. blows out their opponent. The BCS is the drizzles.

Edited by naiwf

Big 12 got hosed by the BCS in my opinion.

I'm not going to sit here and say the Big 12 was as good as the SEC this year, but I think it was closer than anyone in the media will ever allow you to think. Outside of LSU and Alabama the SEC wasn't all that great. The Big 12 was extremely deep this season.

I personally thought OK State should have been in the title game, but to add insult to injury for the Big 12 they choose to put Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl over Kansas State or Baylor? As a Michigan fan I'll even say those teams should've gotten in over Michigan.

True. I think we'd both agree your boyfriend and his Boise teammates should be in the Sugar over the Hokies, though. :P

The Cotton Bowl should be a good one. Arkansas and Kansas State.

I mean, I'm a little biased, but I think that ANY of the four teams I mentioned, not just Boise, would have been a better fit.

Agree on the last point too - that is basically the only good to have come out of the situation.

And at least Boise didn't get saddled with Lou-Tech and the Pointsettia. Brutal for TCU.