2011 College Football Season

I like that the Irish are already getting written off in the Champs' Sports Bowl against FSU. Just like last year when everybody thought Miami was going to thump us. I think we're going to surprise a few people. Should be a great game. Hey, HTTK, you still in the Northeast? I'm feeling a road trip.

Big 12 got hosed by the BCS in my opinion.

I'm not going to sit here and say the Big 12 was as good as the SEC this year, but I think it was closer than anyone in the media will ever allow you to think. Outside of LSU and Alabama the SEC wasn't all that great. The Big 12 was extremely deep this season.

I personally thought OK State should have been in the title game, but to add insult to injury for the Big 12 they choose to put Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl over Kansas State or Baylor? As a Michigan fan I'll even say those teams should've gotten in over Michigan.

I'll say it, because it's true this year. The Big12 was better than the SEC top to bottom.

Also, absolutely fuck the BCS and this bullshit.

Michigan/VT ? :rolleyes:

Wow ... I will not be watching the "national title game" this year for the first time in my life. I also won't be watching the "WTF you can't be serious" bowl with Michigan/VT .... and thankfully the Cotton will once again have ammo to fire in the "we're a BCS Bowl too" argument.

Meacon, I would love to make that road trip .... but I'm back in Texas :( .... Cotton Bowl for me though :D probably get the Alamo Bowl in too since I'm here in SA an all (RG3 !!!!!)

Bowl games I'm interested in watching:

Poinsettia Bowl (TCU vs. LA Tech)

Champs Sports Bowl (FSU vs. Notre Dame)

Alamo Bowl (Washington vs. RG3)

Outback Bowl (Mich St vs. Georgia)

Capital One Bowl (Nebraska vs. South Carolina)

Rose Bowl (Wisconsin vs. Oregon)

Fiesta Bowl (Stanford vs. Ok St)

Orange Bowl (WVU vs. Clemson)

Cotton Bowl (K State vs. Arkansas)

GoDaddy.com Bowl (Arkansas St. vs. NIU)

BCS Championship Game

A lot of uninspiring teams clogging up the December bowls, feels like more than usual.

Before this season I didn't even know it was possible for two teams in the same conference to play each other in the BCS championship. Is this the first time it has happened?

Yeah and to be honest nobody ever thought it would be a possibility when the BCS started, it basically seemed like you had to by deafult win your conference to be in the championship.

Big 12 got hosed by the BCS in my opinion.

I'm not going to sit here and say the Big 12 was as good as the SEC this year, but I think it was closer than anyone in the media will ever allow you to think. Outside of LSU and Alabama the SEC wasn't all that great. The Big 12 was extremely deep this season.

I personally thought OK State should have been in the title game, but to add insult to injury for the Big 12 they choose to put Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl over Kansas State or Baylor? As a Michigan fan I'll even say those teams should've gotten in over Michigan.

Oklahama State was beaten by an unranked team. Alabama lost to the best team in the country by a field goal in overtime. That's why Oklahoma State isn't in the title game.

In fact, a lot of people believe Oklahoma State didn't drop as far as they should have after that loss because it happened right after a tragedy. (I don't buy that, myself)

Before this season I didn't even know it was possible for two teams in the same conference to play each other in the BCS championship. Is this the first time it has happened?

Yeah and to be honest nobody ever thought it would be a possibility when the BCS started, it basically seemed like you had to by deafult win your conference to be in the championship.

I feel like Texas and Oklahoma came close to playing each other before for the National title. Also, 01-02 Nebraska didn't play in the Big 12 title game and 03-04 Oklahoma lost in the conference title game and played in the National championship.

Sources tell @CBSSports Big East will add Boise St, San Diego St, Houston, UCF, SMU Wednesday. Will join league in 2013

I don't think it will matter all that much, because the SEC = the BCS, but at least some of these schools won't get snubbed anymore if they're good enough to win the conference.

Apparently HTTK wasn't paying full attention when he read my post. Good thing Plubby was.

I don't see a team getting a break in the rankings just because they were playing under duress after a tragedy. And they shouldn't, because it really wouldn't be fair.

They have to change their name, you can't have San Diego State and Boise and still be called the Big East.

I don't know about that. The way conferences and teams (East Carolina, for instance) are named....