nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

• Admin
Steve Coppell has been appointed director of football at Crawley Town.

The former Bristol City, Reading and Brighton manager, 56, takes up the new post the day after manager Steve Evans quit to take charge at Rotherham.

Coppell will oversee "football operations", while Craig Brewster will remain as caretaker manager.

Stevenage's inability to score has really got my goat, lost only one in 10 games, sadly... only won one of them too. Convert more of these chances and we're comfortably in the play offs. So frustrating at times this season, would've loved to have put Westley in the mire by doing them anyway.

I hate Steve Evans and now Rotherham by association. Still not fond of Crawley either.

He makes me angry. :@

This. x1000000.

That odious fat cretin better not somehow drag Rotherham up this season. Don't want to be playing them at all, not before Evans leaves anyway. This doesn't mean I like the horrible Crawley lot either.

I hate Steve Evans and now Rotherham by association. Still not fond of Crawley either.

This. x1000000.

That odious fat cretin better not somehow drag Rotherham up this season. Don't want to be playing them at all, not before Evans leaves anyway. This doesn't mean I like the horrible Crawley lot either.

If they did, somehow, go up, I'd probably be quite hopeful that I could get to the Carlisle v Rotherham match in the hope Carlisle would get the win. That's using the safe assumption that Carlisle don't go up this season.

You going to do Carlisle v Doncaster next year? :shifty:

This. x1000000.

If they did, somehow, go up, I'd probably be quite hopeful that I could get to the Carlisle v Rotherham match in the hope Carlisle would get the win. That's using the safe assumption that Carlisle don't go up this season.

You going to do Carlisle v Doncaster next year? :shifty:

I'm hoping to be living back up in the north east so yes, I'd like to go to Carlisle if you don't go up. And Hartlepool!

I think I might actually be looking forward to next season in a weird way.

• Admin
Football fans have been banned from a League Two match between Gillingham and Swindon Town following a row over policing costs.

Medway Council said that a prohibition notice had been issued for the game on 21 April due to "serious concerns" over public order at the Priestfield ground.

Kent Police said the provision of appropriate numbers of officers in the stadium was "essential".

Gillingham FC said it was making no comment on the council's statement.

Ch Supt Alasdair Hope said: "The safety of all fans attending this football match is our main priority and we are not prepared for their safety to be compromised.

"The cost of this must be met by Gillingham FC."

Councillor Mike O'Brien, from Medway Council, said that Kent Police had "serious concerns about public order at the ground".

He explained: "We have done this following advice from Kent Police that they have specific intelligence concerning the match and its fans.

"The risk is so serious for fans that, until steps have been taken to reduce it to a reasonable level through agreeing adequate policing levels, spectators will be prohibited from attending the match."

A spokesman for Swindon Town Football Club (STFC) said: "At this stage STFC are in continued talks with Gillingham to get the matter resolved."

• Admin

Fleetwood Town were held by Wrexham tonight, so they're not quite over the Conference winning-line. They should do it in their next game against Lincoln though.

Nope! They could only draw 2-2!!

But, they can still be confirmed as champions today if Wrexham fail to win at home against Grimsby.

• Admin

So, Donny and/or Portsmouth can go down today depending on the result of Birmingham vs. Bristol City. In League One Charlton will finally secure automatic promotion if they win at Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday don't match that at Colchester. Rochdale, Exeter, and Chesterfield could all face the trap-door this afternoon. Swindon will be automatically promoted from League Two if Torquay and Crawley lose against Southend and AFC Wimbledon. Fleetwood can be promoted from the Conference today if Wrexham fail to beat Grimsby.

• Admin
So, as its stands, the big news is that Portsmouth are going down. They are losing 3-2 at Doncaster, while Bristol City are drawing 2-2 at Birmingham. In League One, Charlton are currently going up thanks to a 1-0 lead at Carlisle and Sheffield Wednesday drawing 1-1 with Colchester.