The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Gary Neville is a legend.

That was so fun. I've been rabbiting on about how good Tom Cleverley is for ages and he showed how good he is, great performance. Welbeck too. In fact, that entire second half team was amazing. Even the more derided members of the team (harshly so) like Evans and Anderson.

De Gea got caught out by the second goal (first I'm not holding massively against him, probably on a par with Hart for Smalling's goal) but he recovered well. Glad we won because that takes a bit of the attention away from him, even though it doesn't matter (as a few people have pointed out, Jaap Stam had a terrible debut in the Shield vs. Arsenal).

:D :D He was lying on the floor when Lescott headed it man :D

He certainly made a mistake, but in fairness to him it looked like he was going down to the side because he thought the ball was going to clear everybody. Of course it didn't and it was a mistake on his part, but wasn't a terrible one. The second is one he really should of dealt with though. It swerved, but really that's one he knows he should be dealing with all day long. A little nervy, but he'll improve upon this, still love his distribution as well.

Wouldn't have thought Kompany to be the guy to make the error, mind. Always seemed very calm and confident, their stand out player from last year.

Clichy was also at fault, which was not surprising.

Glad someone else sees it that way. On the news last night they were saying it was Kompany's mistake when he was clearly covering the space and leaving it for Clichy who should have been dealing with it.

Kompany still pussied out, could have dealt with it a lot better.

Also for anyone who cares, Pleat took a pop at Barton the other day apparently, Barton responded (on Twitter no less) about Pleat being a prossie-lover (although he was more diplomatic about it.) Oliver Holt got involved and all the diplomacy ended there and then.

Barton was tearing the journalists a new one by asking how much they earned and calling them all 'peasants'. And asking where they'd be in years to come when he was retired and enjoying life.

Which I'm sure your average Newcastle fan will take well. What, being most likely working class and probably not able to retire at the same age as Barton and live his life of luxury. What peasants! :shifty:

Edited by IAceI

In fairness he did say he would never return to Manchester once he had been sold. He just assumed he'd have got his transfer by now.

Actually he said he would never return to Manchester once his contract expired.

That's what I meant. Either way I knew that the newspapers saying he was never ever returning to Manchester were wrong in some form.

Also for anyone who cares, Pleat took a pop at Barton the other day apparently, Barton responded (on Twitter no less) about Pleat being a prossie-lover (although he was more diplomatic about it.) Oliver Holt got involved and all the diplomacy ended there and then.

Barton was tearing the journalists a new one by asking how much they earned and calling them all 'peasants'. And asking where they'd be in years to come when he was retired and enjoying life.

Which I'm sure your average Newcastle fan will take well. What, being most likely working class and probably not able to retire at the same age as Barton and live his life of luxury. What peasants! :shifty:

Man's a bellend.

Regards Kompany, he's the last man, centre half, and less importantly captain, he should have gone through Clichy, Nani and anything else that gets in his way to get rid of that. Twelve year olds learn that, that's why the best centre halfs are ugly bastards, Fabricio Coloccini aside obviously.

Man's a bellend.

Regards Kompany, he's the last man, centre half, and less importantly captain, he should have gone through Clichy, Nani and anything else that gets in his way to get rid of that. Twelve year olds learn that, that's why the best centre halfs are ugly bastards, Fabricio Coloccini aside obviously.

Are you trying to say that Kompany is good looking?

Man's a bellend.

Are you trying to say that Kompany is good looking?

Nope, saying he should know better.

1046: FOOTBALL - BBC Sport's John Sinnott on Twitter: "Premier League have had discussions with police over weekend games involving London clubs - too early for a decision, BBC Sport understands."

Hopefully these riots ain't gonna continue until the weekend. Hopefully...

Agreed but I'm not going to be too hopeful to be honest. Starting to prepeare myself slightly for the fact our first game of the season could be against Newcastle.

Depends how stretched the police forces are around the country dealing with the riots. The fact there's been further riots in cities other than London doesn't help the situation at all.

Sad really, I blame the summer holidays for the whole thing personally. :shifty: