The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin
OptaJoe on Twitter: "6 - Man Utd have conceded six goals at home in the league for the first time since Sep 1930 (4-7 vs Newcastle). Drubbing."

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on his side's humiliating defeat by their neighbours City at Old Trafford: "You cannot believe the scoreline if you look at the first 30 minutes of the game. The sending off was a killer, it was a long way after that with 10 men. It is a bad defeat. The impact will come from the embarrassment of the defeat. Without doubt there will be a response to that."

Looked to me as if Terry was covering though.

That was another possible, I think if he's not pulled back Terry doesn't really get close. As I said I think yellow myself as it was wider and Terry is there for debate, I don't think he's quick enough but maybe could've got close. I can at least sort of see why he sent him off though as opposed to some of the strange decisions we've seen.

• Admin
1658: There's another protest going on against Blackburn boss Steve Keane at Ewood Park. He must be used to it by now. Rovers are trying to drown out the chants of 'Kean out' by turning the music up over the tannoy but their unhappy fans are still perservering.

:lol:

Ivanovic on for Sturridge.

Looked to me as if Terry was covering though.

That was another possible, I think if he's not pulled back Terry doesn't really get close. As I said I think yellow myself as it was wider and Terry is there for debate, I don't think he's quick enough but maybe could've got close. I can at least sort of see why he sent him off though as opposed to some of the strange decisions we've seen.

My initial thought was "no way was that a goal scoring opportunity", then I saw a replay and I was a bit more "hmmm possibly", now I've seen it again I don't think it was but I can see why it was given.

David Luiz is fucking awful though, he looked promising early on at Chelsea but he's got so little awareness and intelligence on the pitch. Maybe he could become holding midfielder but he's not going to be a top class centre half.

If the fouls given its a red, Wright Phillips is in and Terrys never catching him. I'm inclined to say it is just because he's actually pulling his shorts, and if you're low enough to pull SWPs shorts you've clearly lost that battle.

Chelsea are killing my accumulator though so I'd have given him a yellow.