The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

To follow with more pointless factoids: Raheem Sterling is the first player to play in the Premier League that was born after the Channel Tunnel opened.

It's not the number of injures it's the players injured that is the issue. Johnson, Agger, Lucas, Bellamy and Adam are five of what would be a first choice starting XI most of the time. If not constant members of a match day squad.

I'm pretty sure that missing half of a first choice team is going to cause your team to performances to dip a little. Especially when it includes some of the most important first team players.

See: Arsenal's last 6 years <_<

However, great results today. Distance from Chelsea and a full game up on Tottenham. Awesome.

• Like 1

It's not the number of injures it's the players injured that is the issue. Johnson, Agger, Lucas, Bellamy and Adam are five of what would be a first choice starting XI most of the time. If not constant members of a match day squad.

I'm pretty sure that missing half of a first choice team is going to cause your team to performances to dip a little. Especially when it includes some of the most important first team players.

Solution: Don't buy sicknotes.

• Like 1

Solution: Don't buy sicknotes.

Because horrid leg breaks are chronic <_<

Also, I refuse to believe that is Peter Crouch scoring that. Absolutely refuse to believe it. Holy fucking hell is that bad ass.

This is a story my stepdad always loved to tell, 'cause he played for Southampton, and his family lived there, he never wanted to move, which led to England managers saying he didn't have enough ambition to play for England.

Because Le Tiss wasn't fast and didn't fit into the team and no manager was prepared to form a team around him. Plus you had Gazza who was a better Le Tissier around at the time. Still a crime he didn't get much of a chance.

• Like 1