The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Basically, it was a decision that should have gone our way, was fairly stonewall but not obvious, yet he didn't give it. It was almost as if he seemed to think that because it wasn't completely obvious, he didn't give it.

That is what I assume Summers is suggesting.

McLeish will still find some bizarre logic as to why he should pick Heskey ahead of him if he was to sign anyway.

• Admin
Roberto Mancini confirms striker Sergio Aguero will miss Saturday's Premier League visit of Sunderland with a "stupid" injury. Aguero was missing from the City team that drew at Stoke on Saturday with a foot problem and Mancini refuses to say exactly what happened, but it seems the problem was not of an orthodox nature.

"It is a stupid injury," said Mancini. "It was not his fault but he can't play with this injury; for one day, 10 days or two weeks. I don't know."

Mancini is repeatedly asked about the nature of Aguero's injury but declines to elaborate. "I prefer not to say," says the Italian. "But he couldn't play against Stoke and can't play tomorrow. I hope he can recover for Arsenal next weekend."

Cue Tevez.

• Like 1