The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Hence his six fingers and being born to his sister.

Well, I was raised thinking my mother was my sister. So there's that.

And I'm from Burnley, I don't really support them. I could maybe give you their starting eleven, but that's about it. I've been on one footie game in my life and if I had the finance to get a season ticket, I'd rather be going to matches live than watching on TV, but thems the breaks. When I'm down in Wales next year, I'll be becoming a Swansea/Cardiff fan depending on which relative can get me tickets that weekend >_>.

Delighted for City. They deserved it over the course of the season and Jouzy has it spot on about early-90s Utd, Arsenal, Blackburn and Chelsea "buying" the league in their time.

We played well and won, all we could do on the day.

Gutted that QPR stayed up :(. Heard that there are rumours on Twitter that McLeish may be out?

McLeish is killing Villa. Seriously I don't mind Villa they have some good attacking players but he is such a negative manager it's silly, Villa shouldn't be barely surviving relegation they have a team that should be comfortably safe.

Congrats to City, they have played some terrific football this year and fair play to United even if I do hate them they took it down to the wire in a very exciting final day of the season. Glad City won but still it was only settled on goal difference it wasn't like United were blown away by a big points gap.

Sad notes were Bolton getting relegated and QPR staying up, really wanted Bolton to stay up but they have the resources and a good manager who can easily guide them back into the Prem.

Also with us, Can't really argue with the result as it wasn't the best of games. Doni had a good showing though and at least we stayed 8th (urgh). Team has potential but it is still lacking in order to break into the top 4 and the past few years decline as well as teams like Spurs/City becoming alot better and Newcastle/Everton having a great season doesn't help. Its gonna be tough but with the right additions hopefully this time next season we won't be 8th but hopefully around the 4th/5th/6th mark.

More reason for Dempsey to move to us now. Why play for a Top 9 team when he can play for a Top 8 team!!! <_<

Seems to be quite a bit of money being placed on Roberto Martinez becoming the next Liverpool manager. Came in from 5/1 to 7/4 with SkyBet over the last few days. Has this came from somewhere that I've missed?

I think either Lambert or Martinez would do a good job at Villa. They'll try to get the team to play a better style of football that doesn't revolve around fielding 7 defenders.

Barton has just tweeted this "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me." :lol:

I hope this counts towards him never playing competitive football again. Doubt it though.

Barton has just tweeted this "The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me." :lol:

Interesting, cheap tactic but I see the logic. Doesn't make it the right thing to do mind.

Please give this idiot a lifetime ban.

• Like 1

Martinez rejected Villa last season, didn't he? I doubt he would have changed his mind. Likewise, hasn't Lambert already said he would not take the Villa job?

Martinez was never offered the job, so he didn't reject us. He said he owed it to Whelan to stay.

And no Lambert has said he wasn't willing to talk about it when asked a few weeks back.

Martinez rejected Villa last season, didn't he? I doubt he would have changed his mind. Likewise, hasn't Lambert already said he would not take the Villa job?

Martinez was never offered the job, so he didn't reject us. He said he owed it to Whelan to stay.

And no Lambert has said he wasn't willing to talk about it when asked a few weeks back.

Didn't Whelan openly criticise Martinez after the West Brom game?