IT'S ABOUT MOTHERFUCKING TIME

SeanDMan

I just saw the Gamecube commercial set to Rob Zombie.

It looks like they are finally appealing to the teen-adult audience that has allowed Sony to rape them in the ass and nut across their face for years. Is it too late? Maybe. But the games in the commercial look fucking DOPE.

I jizzed my pants. Seriously, it's about time they abandoned cartoony mascot bullshit. Sony did and they rule the world now. Let's get some good fucking games, so that I can bitchslap killmjhunt for being a playah hatah.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats actually quasi good news. The thing is I bought the PS2 over the Cube for that exact reason. The Cube games seemed way to child-like for me. I guess Nintendo finally realized that they need to improve their fan base or the PS2 will take them out of buisness.

Thats actually quasi good news. The thing is I bought the PS2 over the Cube for that exact reason. The Cube games seemed way to child-like for me. I guess Nintendo finally realized that they need to improve their fan base or the PS2 will take them out of buisness.

Well I'm 17 and beginning to admit that GameCube is currently better than PS2, and that's minus ads, so maybe Nintendo stand a chance yet. I just find the PS2 lacks any games that really entertain me anymore, I'm one of those people who wants full on violence or cartoon fun, and PS2 games are way too centric to the middle for me.

Sony already kicked Ninetendo's ass in the console market once, due to putting out a superior product, and I don't see them losing now, ESPECIALLY with games like the Grand Theft Auto series.

Not exactly, Sony kicked Nintendo's ass because

1) The CD Medium was much cheaper and was thus less expensive for game developers and publishers, luring them away

2) Sony had a massive budget, about twice what Sega could manage and on par if not above what the Big N could throw out. Akin to how X-Box tried to buy up the console market creating the "this system only" franchise splits.

3) Nintendo's marketting strategy was essentially "fuck em if they don't like it". They had the user base and believed that alone would make it impossible to be unseated. So they continued to charge their liscensing fee and thusmade their games 3 times as expensive to produce. When Sony began to get a market share, Nintendo relied on first party games, a strategy which up to now on the Gamecube has failed.

It was never about the better product. The Nintendo 64 was the better system, it was far more durable and equal if not better in terms of graphics, the Playstation beat it on audio/FMV but that was it. Graphically and processing power were as good on the N64 if not better, and plans for the modem were the first to come out in a game system besides the PC. THE PROBLEM with Nintendo is that the market in Japan was so weak for them. In America the race was actually pretty close, but the RPG market is HUGE in Japan, and there was no doubt that with the FMV and exclusivitity from Square, Nintendo was fucked.

The difference is marketting.

The GTA series, as well, isn't very innovative. It's highly derivative with low replay value. It's fun, but it's not worth more then a rental. But it's marketted well, and plays to the target group that Nintendo has absolutely ignored.

Gamecube will have an equivalent. I swear I saw a James Bond game in that ad...

Nintendo hasn't been good since the SNES, imo. I liked all of two games on the 64 (the LoZ games) and I've only liked 3 games on the Cube; Tales of Symphonia, Mario Kart, and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, but that's just me..

Nintendo hasn't been good since the SNES, imo.

I disagree. Although the diversity of games has dropped off substantially, there were good games on the N64. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still excellent console shooters and can still be played today. The All-Star Baseball and Quarterback Club series on the N64 were solid games that looked amazing at the time, and played much better then some Playstation equivalents. Ocarina of Time was awesome (although I didn't like MM very much) and when Mario 64 came out, it awed. Following up on that was the rediculously sucessful multiplayer smash Super Smash Brothers.

To me, it is obvious from your choice in games that you are an RPG fan. Doubtless then you wouldn't really like the fact that Nintendo's thrid party support was horrible and they thus lost games such as the Final Fantasy series and the Chrono Triggers. But with a new marketting strategy, there isn't any reason why they can't win over people like you again.

I've been saying it for years, Nintendo should go exclusively-handheld.  That is an audience that allows them to remain child-oriented, yet rack in big bucks.

No.

The Bond game is Rogue Agent.

I have to admit, I'm a RPG/Sports/Shooter guy, with some driving games thrown in. I'm not a big platformer fan, which is what Nintendo does best. If I want to play platformers I drag out the old SNES and play Super Mario All Stars.

Nintendo has, since Sega, always been second best in sports games. That is my main interest, so thats what I look for. Second comes RPGs, and since I'm a huge FF fan, I prefer Sony. To be honest, Nintendo DOES have the 'kiddy' stereotype, and it will be hard to overcome that, especially since Sony is pimping games like GTA and Manhunt to a more mature audience.

Goldeneye did kickass in 4 player mode though.

Nintendo will never get past the stigma. Mario is their #1 franchise and is E-rated. Pokemon is their #2 selling franchise and is E-Rated. Only 2 are not E-Rated(Metriod and sometimes Zelda).

Ps2's main games are T or M, same with XBOX. Sure they both have some E games but they focus just on there T & M games.

I'm not bashing Gamecube and in fact I would recommend one to people who love Nintendo series, but the stigma will be hard to get rid of

You're right, in all those genres, Sony has the edge.

Now.

If Nintendo begins to market in those genres, it can compete, it got the Resident Evil license, it's clearly not afraid the make mature games, but it really hasn't pushed it to the level Sony has, and have seen numbers fall off as a result.

Marketting sunk and can reinflate Nintendo.

See, the problem is that Nintendo needs to learn that the general gaming community are morons.

They don't care about quality, gameplay, or silly crap like that.

I'm tempted to say they care about graphics, but seeing that that would require the X-Box to be the top selling console, I don't think so.

So, what does the PS2 have that the GCN and X-Box lack?

RPGs. Bucketloads of them.

Or to be more specific, Final Fantasy.

See, it's just like the book industry. The Nerdy-Loser-Becomes-Almighty-Hero-And-Gets-A-Hot-Chick genre or some variation of the same will always be the top-selling catogory. Nothing satiates teenage angst more than fantasizing about being some bad ass hero with a really big sword.

Don't ask why, it's just a fact of life.

Its all Nintendo for me. Zelda/Mario/Metroid> GTA (But thats just me)

I go for the gameplay, and Nintendo almost always delivers.

But I do have PS2. (I can't live without Smackdown series)

See, the problem is that Nintendo needs to learn that the general gaming community are morons.

The Majority of my games, are sports games, like i have nhl 2001-2004 all for my ps2 and as soon as theres a new one, ill have it. nintendo hasnt put out a realistichockey game since super nintendo, on 64 they had gretzkys game but that was just, out there. i used to be all about the 64, dissing the playstation. but i love my ps2 more then anything, other then my compouter of course.

SDM has gained about a million cool points from this thread. I hate people who bash Nintendo for not having a better machine. Because they've always had the better machine, but a very shallow game pool. If you compare the amount of games for the Gamecube to that of the PS2, you'll notice a MASSIVE difference.

However, Nintendo games do rule, like Mario etc. Just vary it a bit, man. Sometimes we just want to kill things via bloody murder. Not jump on their heads to squish them into wafers...

I have all the 'next-gen' consoles and the Gamecube has provided the biggest and most replayable games (see: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Kart: DD, Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, Metroid Prime) but they totally lack games like Halo, GTA or GOOD wrestling games. Which is why I have all three consoles.

The more I see that commercial, the more I love the James Bond game.

Also, does anyone know where I can legally ( :shifty: ) get that song? You can PM me if it makes you feel more comfortable.