Steam Summer Sale

Black Majik

Daily deals and general offers for the whole week everywhere. Would be better to just check out Steam itself than to list everything down. There's also a ticket dealy going on thats kind of hard to explain but you can get free DLC for games you have or be entered in a chance for 10 games from your wishlist.

Highlights for todays deals include Battlefront II for £1.60, Braid and Knights of the Old Republic for £1.70 each, Just Cause 2 for £3.50 and GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City and San Andreas for £5 together.

So far I'm £40 down the drain on Just Cause 2, Renecttear, Deus Ex:GOTY Edition and Invisible War, Lead and Gold four pack, Monday Night Combat four pack and Saints Row 2. Bleh.

I was tempted to BTTF yesterday but I gave it a miss as i'm not desperate for it and hopefully it'll pop up one day at 75% off or something. Also tempted by Valve pack for Portal 2 and L4D's for modding purposes but meh.

Did get Bit Trip games, Lead and Gold and Stubbs the Zombie yesterday and ended up with Recettear after playing the demo. Today will be lighter methinks, just the Penny Arcade games.

I don't know how it is on PC, but Battlefront II was freaking awesome on the PS2. I suggest anyone that likes Star Wars to play it, the multiplayer would be awesome with more than just two people split screen.

£5 for all GTA 3 and before? Yes please. Eyeing some of the Total War stuff and Civ 5, hoping for some extra deals on them. Can't decide whether to get Half Life and Portal too.

Well, technically GTA 1 and 2 are free anyway. Just this is the only way to get them on Steam.

If I were so inclined as to get the Valve Pack, i'd give you HL and Portal since I already have them. But i'm not. Plus, they don't let you gift duplicates so I'd have to set up a second account and it'd be very fiddly. Don't know why I mentioned it really. :shifty:

Though my adventurer makes me want to kick his teeth in when he comes in, ignores the nice iron armour or steel sword and starts buying broom handles, a wooden shield (identical to the one he already has) or the beef stew he just sold to me this morning.

Anyone who doesn't have Braid needs to get it, it's wonderful :wub:

So far the deals haven't been interesting to me, mostly because I own the games that are interesting. I did buy Hydrophobia: Prophecy yesterday for 3 euro, but it wasn't on the main page despite being 50% off or something radical like that. Supposed to be a fun single player game.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

The Valve Complete Pack is a fantastic deal for anyone who doesn't already own most of the games. Looking at the trends set by previous sales, it's also probably fairly safe to assume that such games/series as Civilization, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Half-Life, Torchlight, Trine and Bioshock will be part of the daily deals at some stage during the next few days.