fr34k

The last two albums before the top 10.

Place 12: Blink 182 - Enema of The State

(49 points, 5 votes)

Enema_of_the_State_by_Blink-182.jpg

Place 11: Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

(50 points, 4 votes)

only-revolutions.jpg

Next up: Start of the Top 10! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It's 2011 and people still like Enema of the State? o_O

I don't get it either.

People still llisten to ABBA in a non-ironic fashion and its now almost 40 years later, I think people can be forgiven for liking Blink 182

Well except Abba is classic

No

and timeless

No

and blink-182- haven't really aged well in recent year, in my opinion.

I can agree with this, but just beacause things haven't aged well doesn't mean people don't still love it.

Case in point the Transformers cartoons from the 1980's look horrible and dated, does it stop me loving them? No.

EDIT: I also own a piece of the blue flag from the Only Revolutions album cover <_<

• Like 1

Guest JukeboxHero

Enema of the State was an album that came out when I was in about 8th grade and I still throw it in my CD Player every now and then. Great album and I'm glad to see it cracked the Top 12.

EDIT: On an aside, Blink reveals their new single tomorrow, can't wait!

Edited by JukeboxHero

Well except Abba is classic

No

and timeless

No

Hmmm, people are entitled to their opinions, but yours is unfortunately wrong. Christ, even Kurt Cobain, the savior of rock and roll, said ABBA influenced him.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I'd much sooner listen to "Dancing Queen" or "S.O.S." than any Blink 182 song. "Josie" is the only one that comes close, and that wasn't on the album that somehow got 12th.

Enema of the State is the best pop-skater-punk album going as far as I'm concerned.

It's so far outside off my usual listening and yet when I DO listen to it it's pretty much one great singalong after another. Of course it may have something to do with the fact that it was released when I was at university so offered pretty good timing in that respect and transports me back to being young, virile, ridiculously good looking and able to go out drinking and dancing every night of the week.

But yeah, I try not to like it (although I am a fan of Mark Hoppus the man) but can't help myself. It'd be even better without Adam's Song.

My favourite Muse album is either Showbiz (their first which is really haunting and slightly unnerving) or Absolution (JUST balancing in between early greatness and later arseyness but managing to pull it off). However Origin of Symmetry DOES have Citizen Erased and therefore is automatically a great album.

While I wouldn't quite say they're timeless, ABBA are one of the greatest pop bands ever, and Benny Andersson is one of the all-time great pop songwriters. So, yeah, don't fucking diss ABBA or I'll cut you.

Elsewhere, just realised I forgot the previous list -

Don't care for Gorillaz or Eminem, and don't know the Ben Folds album. Rubber Soul is good, but it's no Revolver, and Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots is magical wonderment.

Blink 182 are dreadful, Biffy Clyro are boring.

I never had a Blink 182 "phase", which a lot of people seem to have - they just never seemed anything less than obnoxious and immature to me, so I don't even have the nostalgic connection most people do. I just can't find any redeeming features in their music at all. And OH GOD the singer's voice is one of the most grating noises I've ever heard. Like scraping a cat down a blackboard.

• Like 1

Oh lord, Tom DeLonge. Even when I sort of liked Blink 182 I tired of him really, really quick. I mean, his voice fit the style and voice they were going for, but any time he sang in anything that wasn't like a two-minute long, fast-paced "look at what an incorrigible manchild I am" song I wanted to scream.

If I wasn't pretty certain that Love Ire and Song wasn't going to come pretty high in this list, I'd hate all your musical tastes for slagging off Blink, Metallica, Nirvana, Foos and Biffy at various points in this thread... But I am sucker for the more popular alternative (I know that sounds like a contradiction but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean) music. :shifty:

Also, to whoever said that Lars Ulrich is a dick on a personal level... I think even the biggest Metallica fans accept he's a cunt of the highest order.

Edit: And the absence of the Pixies is disappointing.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Enema Of The State - or the listening therein of it to this day, hell taking aside my personal experiences growing up with the music on it - it's still a damn great album, one that will always be on my summer favorites playlists and a great piece about growing up.