2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

That tackle by John Terry was immense.

Oh and Adrian Chiles sounds just like Gazz!

Like a twat?

I'll fucking shank you, you sheep shagging sonofawhore

Was This Is Football the one where (in its later incarnations) you could intentionally dive? That was awesome.

Yes. This is the reason I loved it. I seem to recall maybe fifa 2004 had diving? PES has had it too in recent years.

2004 didn't have it.

2004 did have the frankly awesome Off The Ball (TM!!!) system and the ability for Plymouth Argyle's Kevin Phillips to score 40, 50 yarders on just about any difficulty.

that FIFA 2004 off the ball thing was so awkward though. The greatest extent to which I'd use it would be in ordering players to run forward. Which they would do anyway. :shifty:

That was the FIFA where Ally McCoist would draw arrows to show how you scored your goal. that was cool.

Some of the FIFAs I had (probably 2000 or 2001) had intentional foul as a button. Not sure about intentional diving...but then I did skip about eight years of FIFA.

Yes! Fifa 2001 which I had on PC had that, I sometimes used to get bored and slam the 'E' key to do the intentional foul until it caused my team to be so depleted that I had to forfeit the game. :shifty:

I hated Off the Ball though. Whenever I'd activate it I'd be too busy concentrating on what the player off the ball is doing and would the get tackled.

Anyone (old bastards like me) remember an old Amiga left to right scroller where you could knock over the behind goal photographers and foul at will when the fat ref would periodically fall over? No idea what it was called.