Breaking Bad Season 4

adamg

I'm not going to spoiler this as I imagine this will be the thread to discuss the season.

Anyway, Gus killing his henchman wasn't so much a way of letting Walt and Jesse know they can die at any moment because that's not the case, at all. And Jesse made a pretty clear point of that. Do I think that Gus will probably lax a little on his methods and try to replace them as soon as possible? Possibly. But Walt isn't going to allow Gus to take any forward steps without attempting to be a step ahead.

What Gus DID do when he killed his henchman is tie up a loose end as his henchman was seen at the crime scene. Simple as.

What Gus DID do when he killed his henchman is tie up a loose end as his henchman was seen at the crime scene. Simple as.

This, I thought that was pretty clear. Definitely a good season opener and I'm excited to see where they go from here.

I still want to punch Skyler in the face everytime she's on screen though.

Loved the opener, but I'm actually a bit surprised that Jesse did actually kill Gail. I figured he would have just fucked up his hands so he can't cook anymore or something.

The flashback sequence was pretty interesting. And Saul is still awesome as ever.

Loved the opener, but I'm actually a bit surprised that Jesse did actually kill Gail. I figured he would have just fucked up his hands so he can't cook anymore or something.

The show seems to be on a mission to show not just Walt's descent into becoming an evil bastard, but the drag effect that it has on those around him. Wouldn't make much sense for Jesse to not go through with it.. or wouldn't have had as much of a dramatic effect, at least. That being said, I loved the opening of the episode, and how it made Gail's story all the more tragic. For a cook, he seems like an all-around good guy and, unlike Walt, innocent.

The second episode was decent, but does anyone know where they're going with Jesse? I got that feeling that he's still trying to fill a void left by Jane and has no true friends really, he looked depressed at the end of the show.

The second episode was decent, but does anyone know where they're going with Jesse? I got that feeling that he's still trying to fill a void left by Jane and has no true friends really, he looked depressed at the end of the show.

I think it's also that he killed Gail too.

On that note, I loved Jesse's expression in the season premiere when Gus killed Victor. He was just so outraged that someone could take a life so callously, especially when there were other options. It was really a fantastic performance.

• 2 weeks later...

AAAAARGH! Damn you cliffhanger endings!

Such a fantastic episode. Aaron Paul is continuing to show his spectacular understanding of the Jesse character. So fucking good. Loved the cold open too.

Another fun episode this week. Walt taking pride in his work and thus pushing Hank back on the case was awesome, as was the Jesse and Mike interaction.

In other news:

Breaking Bad has been renewed for a fifth and final season. It will be 16 episodes long.

Final season? I can't wait to see how everything hits the fan.

Agreed. It's great that they know the next season is going to be the last, they can hopefully tie everything up and make the best ending possible for the show.

Final season? I can't wait to see how everything hits the fan.

Agreed. It's great that they know the next season is going to be the last, they can hopefully tie everything up and make the best ending possible for the show.

They said that about LOST too. >_>