Cricket!

nabeel

Also there's a difference between doing it as a warning to keep someone in their crease, and doing it, appealing, accepting the wicket and celebrating.

But at least Carey can hit the stumps, of course Bairstow missed.

The only example I can think of is when England ran out Grant Elliott in an ODI when he collided with Ryan Sidebottom and upheld the appeal when asked by the umpires. I can assure you I was as damning of them then as I am of Australia now. And don't get me started on the numerous times India have done something like this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

it happened with a live ball in the middle of an over.

What does that change?

Sure, it's true, but it doesn't change anything about it being in the spirit of the game or not.

Edited by Plubby

• Admin

England have made three changes for the third Ashes Test, bringing in Mark Wood, Chris Woakes and Moeen Ali.

Ollie Pope has been ruled out of the series but England have opted against replacing him with Dan Lawrence, the spare batter in their squad.

Instead, Harry Brook moves up to number three with all-rounders Woakes and Moeen added to bolster the lower order.

Wood joins Woakes, Stuart Broad and Ollie Robinson in the pace attack with Josh Tongue and James Anderson rested.

In a further change Jonny Bairstow will also move from number seven to number five.

The Test begins at Headingley on Thursday with England needing to win to prevent Australia retaining the Ashes.

England team: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Harry Brook, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Mark Wood, Ollie Robinson.

• Like 1

Hell of a day one, a couple great performances on each side. Hopefully the weather dtays away.

Hell of a day one, a couple great performances on each side. Hopefully the weather stays away.

Edited by Plubby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Lineker changed the title to Cricket!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Aussie women lost to South Africa earlier today, and now the West Indies are a chance of beating the Aussie men in a Test match for the first time in a very long time.

Crazy day with England beating India after being 190 runs behind in the first innings. Definitely didn't see that coming.

It's the first time ever that Australia and India have lost a test match at home on the same day.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

James Anderson to retire after the 1st Test this summer.

Let's just say this doesn't appear to be a mutual decision, with the optics being that it's either "retire after the next game or you won't be picked to get a farewell match". The annoying thing is that he's still good enough to get in the team on merit. 

Anyway, that test against the West Indies in July is going to be an emotional one. It's at Lord's as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...