THE ASHES

METALMAN

There's always the retired sportsman in the KFC catch area who never gets close to making a catch, and let's face it, they would drop it if they ever did get a chance.

Also you get to hear people take the piss out of Mark Waugh in every other match.

• Like 1

Although I've been watching the Open instead, I'd have to agree. I thought the Big Bash was just a gimmicky waste of time that wouldn't be at all fun to watch compared to the regular forms of the game, but it's actually pretty good if you just want to see a quick, fun game. It seems better than the IPL and International T20s I've seen, but maybe that's just because I have an idea of who 3/4 of the players are.

All I'm saying is, give it a shot.

EDIT: And Damien Fleming is really funny to listen to as well.

Edited by Hornswoggle4PM

I've never really been a huge fan of limited overs cricket - I've never even been to a limited overs match - but I've been looking at this Big Bash thing and there's quite a few good players in it so I might give it a go. Plus it's something to do in the morning.

I was there before dehydration claimed me just after Finch made his 100. Bailey made some decisions that Armchair Captain Reece did not agree with, but I guess we'll never know.

Even though we lost it was still worth it to see another great installment of Ian Bell's "I cannot believe this awful thing I have just done" facial expression after getting out. He looked so disgusted with himself that he may actually have drawn a pistol and Kurt Cobain'd himself if had been Steve Smith dismissing him again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Pietersen has been retired by the ECB who have told him they're no longer going to pick him.
Andy Flower has quit as England Test Match Head Coach.
Ashley Giles, who led England to one victory in 8 matches this winter, is the favourite to replace Flower, who led England to three Ashes series.
There is nobody to replace Pietersen. Or Swann. Or Prior. Or Strauss. We've only just found someone to replace Flintoff.
This is going to a period of severe worry for English cricket. Again.