THE ASHES

METALMAN

*smug*

*Extremely Smug*

But could of just as easily been a draw.

Weather has been woeful here the last week, There was a massive thunderstorm in the city not too long after stumps last night and more of the same but add in some hail too this morning for the CBD and the Southside (Thankfully I wasn't home, Been hit in the head with enough hail this week.)

Cautiously optimistic about Adelaide.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised to see England win the second test, the pitch, the conditions, the bounce-back aspect of England. A lot of things point to them doing well. Australia will be relying on their momentum, but let's not fool ourselves - three and a third torrid days does not make this a bad English team. Perth will be the real make-or-break game of the series.

Which is fortunate for me as a WACA member :D

I joined the Western Australia North Korean Association when I was in Perth...

Trott has left the tour due to 'stress'.

• 2 weeks later...

Good comeback from England in the second session which should put them slightly ahead, but it was certainly helped by some real lapses of concentration from Warner, Watson and Bailey. Good to see both of the newer entries into the team showing they have what it takes to bat at international level though.