Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Has anyone here tried to do a 3-4-3 formation? I want to try playing with the 3-4-3 or a 3-4-2-1, but had some questions about what others might have done. I want to have the wide men be pretty much a box-to-box player; what player instruction would be the best for that, wide midfielder or defensive winger?

That's really the only thing I'm struggling with. The set-up for the back line and front line is easy, and the center midfield pair isn't hard either. But getting the wide men to be box-to-box, not so easy :P

lol, wtf?

iMk10.png

Managing Barca on FM2009 I managed a 13-1 win over some lower league team in the Copa del Rey. Fernando Torres got his first four goals for the club in that game. I think we won the second leg about 8-0 as well.

That still remains the only time I've hit double digits on FM.

So I've been playing as Fortuna Sittard in the Dutch 2nd division and it's been interesting. We were predicted to finish dead last, but I've kept us hovering around mid table with my 5-4-1 bus parktastic strategy (Presumably an anomaly in Dutch football). We have been weird though. We seem able to snatch draws against bigger teams and really play to opponent's levels. For example we lost our opening Dutch Cup match against a non-league side (No idea what division, doesn't matter) but had drawn with the 2nd place team like, the game before.

I always seem to end up with these really conservative, defensive formations though. I feel like anytime I try to run an agressive or offensive oriented team I just leak goals non-stop.

Downloaded a save that starts in 2031 because, why not?

Started with Benfica, that had been on an almost 15 year title drought. After finishing the 1st season in charge in 2nd, won 3 in a row since then. Also won the Champions League this season, behind my brazilian stiker briliance (100 goals in 50 games; best player I have ever managed in FM).

Thinking about leaving and trying to get Juventus back to relevance, they haven't won a title since 2013

Edited by Colossus

Downloaded a save that stars in 2031 because, why not?

Started with Benfica, that had been on an almost 15 year title drought. After finishing the 1st season in charge in 2nd, won 3 in a row since then. Also won the Champions League this season, behind my brazilian stiker briliance (100 goals in 50 games; best player I have ever managed in FM).

Thinking about leaving and trying to get Juventus back to relevance, they haven't won a title since 2013

Got a link to this?

• Admin

lol, wtf?

iMk10.png

Managing Barca on FM2009 I managed a 13-1 win over some lower league team in the Copa del Rey. Fernando Torres got his first four goals for the club in that game. I think we won the second leg about 8-0 as well.

Oh I've had big wins before, but David Villa holy crap.

14-0 is my biggest win with Bayern against some amateur team in the cup on CM4.

I also beat Maccabi Haifa 15-0 on aggregate in a CL qualifier on FM10 with Newcastle, 9-0 at home and 6-0 away.

lol, wtf?

iMk10.png

Oh I've had big wins before, but David Villa holy crap.

Must have had his Weetabix that morning.

Fuck this game. 1-0 appraoching the 80th minute so I head to the tactics screen to make some subs. Only, I can't because the game has now ended and i've lost 2-1.

What in the actual fuck?

80 and 88.

I think I'm going to give up on this quest to reach the Prem from the Conf. Team is just losing money hand over fist and have turned to pure shit this season and will probably go down.

If a players ability drops whilst he is out long term, can he get back to the ability he was at, or should I just assume he is a lost cause?

Depends on age, the injury and the length of time out, technical and mental stats aren't affected but physical stats can decline, especially pace and acceleration. They will come back a bit but probably wont reach their previous levels. Some injuries can recur repeatedly too. Think Shearer after his injury or Owen and his hamstrings.

80 and 88.

I think I'm going to give up on this quest to reach the Prem from the Conf. Team is just losing money hand over fist and have turned to pure shit this season and will probably go down.

Quitter.

Asamoah Gyan broke his leg, was out for 6 months, and went from 'Quality' to 'Useful'. He seems to have regained a bit, and maybe will come back better after pre-season training. He is only 27, and seems like the kinda injury he will eventually get over, unlike ligament damage and the like.

80 and 88.

Quitter.

It's losing it's fun when we're being inconsistent as hell and flirst with relegation, much to my boards ire. That and i'm using the majority of the team I inherited from the Conference because no one will come, I can't afford anyone and i'm not really the best at snooping around for League 1 quality players, not least those availible for free. I generally just hope for the best from Premier League releases. To that end, I did get lucky from getting a young kid from Bayerns youth who had been released and managed to sell him on for 1m. Him and another guy put me back in the black but we've pissed that away.

Which is the other problem. My already small budgets will only be slashed further as the money goes. There needs to be an accountant section or something on this game that can help you with the budget. Like, is running a reserve team killing me on match day expenses for them?

Oddly enough: We have the 10th best record in the league away from home but the worst home record, which doesn't help.

Best thing: Board giving me 36k extra for transfers because of my Under 18's wonderful performance in their league. :shifty:

Admittedly, my finances are shot to shit, but Al Fayed just sold Hoilett and Rafael Toloi from underneath me. The first one, fair enough, but the second one, I'm fairly sure I have no cover for, and the transfer gives most of the money over 30 odd months or something. Fucking idiot.

EDIT: Get in! Toloi rejected the contract offer.

EDIT EDIT: Keep getting fucked by injuries. Bought Nolan Roux. Few weeks later, five month injury. Similar thing happened with both Asamoah Gyan and Andy Johnson.

Edited by Liam