Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Player who is retiring at the end of the season - Boss, I'm unhappy about the lack of first team football.

Me - I'll let you go at the end of the season

Player - Thanks Boss.

On a similiar note I had Leon Best come to me about playing time. I told him he could go. (after arguing, so what I actually said was I have no choice but to let you go). I then realised it was still the January transfer window so I offered him to clubs and transfer listed him.

...Now he's unhappy because he doesn't want to leave. This happened within three in-game days.

WTF, Leon?!

I was bored the other day and started a game with Arsenal. I tried using my 4-2-3-1 system from Bayern, but that didn't work so well, so I tried to copy Stoker's Aston Villa narrow 4-3-3 and that was ineffective. I've so far settled for 4-3-2-1 with a narrow midfield of Ramsey, Song and Arteta and two wide Attacking midfielders which are two out of Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain and Benayoun. RVP up front obviously, though I have just signed Podolski.

I seem to have committed the same folly as Arsene Wenger and decided that I don't need a new centre back until its too late to sign one. Conceded 5 goals in 3 Premier League games and we've only played Stoke, Fulham and Everton so far. Haven't lost yet because of a strong attack....so yeah as far as games go this is startlingly realistic - Arsenal: strong forward line, can't defend for shit.

I'll do work on defensive positioning in Match Preperation training and hope that Vermaelen spontaneously overcomes his long term injury >_>

What do you all put your match preparation on when the bars full?

Defending set pieces or defensive positioning.

I don't like conceding goals...

I meant workload, like do you lower it to average or very low or what? I might try changing to defensive though since I conceded way too many goals last season.

I did basically the same thing as timmay, decided to be Arsenal a few days ago and played with a 4-2-3-1, but it worked quite well. I battled it out with Tottenham and Liverpool for the majority of the season trying to come second as Man Utd didn't lose a game until they'd already won the league, and had won every game until I came back to draw 2-2 from 2-0 down. Ended up finishing 5th which pissed me off since Man City were laying around 10th nearly all season then all of a sudden won everything until they took the last champions league spot from me. Only 5 or 6 points seperated 2nd from 6th though, and Chelsea didn't even make it in the Europa League after they finished 7th.

Made wayyyyyyyyyy too many transfers so far though before the start of the second season. 24 out, 15 in (first season it was 10 in, 11 out), although most of my signings are youth players and i spent 30mil on Hamsik.

I blew 27.5mil on Akinfeev at the start of the first season, which appeared to be a waste as he conceded about 60 goals throughout the season, whereas David De Gea conceded about 15 for United. I'm going for one big signing a season, although I might try and get Hazard in January since I've been unsettling him since I started the game and he's been unhappy 90% of the time 'cos Lille won't sell for less than 35mil.

Not surprised, tbh. Every transfer season you hear of a Rubin or an Amkar who apparently have x millions and are going to buy EVERY GREAT PLAYER EVER.

/me still remembers when Shaktar Donesk would have 40-50 mil on like FM08

I don't even have that much money. Free transfer!

And he is far too good for the Russian league. Scored a hattrick on his debut.

I meant workload, like do you lower it to average or very low or what? I might try changing to defensive though since I conceded way too many goals last season.

I did basically the same thing as timmay, decided to be Arsenal a few days ago and played with a 4-2-3-1, but it worked quite well. I battled it out with Tottenham and Liverpool for the majority of the season trying to come second as Man Utd didn't lose a game until they'd already won the league, and had won every game until I came back to draw 2-2 from 2-0 down. Ended up finishing 5th which pissed me off since Man City were laying around 10th nearly all season then all of a sudden won everything until they took the last champions league spot from me. Only 5 or 6 points seperated 2nd from 6th though, and Chelsea didn't even make it in the Europa League after they finished 7th.

Made wayyyyyyyyyy too many transfers so far though before the start of the second season. 24 out, 15 in (first season it was 10 in, 11 out), although most of my signings are youth players and i spent 30mil on Hamsik.

I blew 27.5mil on Akinfeev at the start of the first season, which appeared to be a waste as he conceded about 60 goals throughout the season, whereas David De Gea conceded about 15 for United. I'm going for one big signing a season, although I might try and get Hazard in January since I've been unsettling him since I started the game and he's been unhappy 90% of the time 'cos Lille won't sell for less than 35mil.

:huh:

And he is far too good for the Russian league. Scored a hattrick on his debut.

I have the same situation with Kelvin Etuhu as Canterbury United Dragons. Signed him on a free (they have a far too high wage budget for a tiny little team in New Zealand I think), hatrick on his debut against third in the league (of 8 teams) and scored both times against then run-away leaders Waitakere United to bring me back from 2-0 down.

?

?

That is an insanely large amount, how did you end up even doing that?