Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Destroyed Malky Mackay's Cardiff 4-0, and then three days later destroyed Malky Mackays Norwich 4-0. Got QPR next and Steve Bruce has recently left them and they need a manager. Really hoping he leaves Norwich and becomes QPR manager before my FA Cup semi in 5 days. Now to recover from my 2-1 loss away at City in the first CL semi and with all these games I'm being hammered due to not having enough quality squad depth.

Balls.

My defense has decided to roll over and just take it lately. No matter what I say, shout, or instruct, they tackle too hard or not at all. They don't even try to clear it out of the box. I hope they all rot.

Hobo, what kind of international players do you go after? Youngins or vets on the verge of retirement?

Just got around to uploading a goal for the first time. This is one from my defensive midfielder Fusca. What makes it special is that it's his only career goal and he barely moves forward past the back 4 and is predominantly left footed.

My defense has decided to roll over and just take it lately. No matter what I say, shout, or instruct, they tackle too hard or not at all. They don't even try to clear it out of the box. I hope they all rot.

Hobo, what kind of international players do you go after? Youngins or vets on the verge of retirement?

Mostly mid to late 20s, and cheap, but with the best key attributes for the positions I want. I literally wittle down candidates using the player search filter and scouting.

I've never spent more than £700k on a player but have unearthed Wilson Morelo, Evson, Romario Mendes (those three are probably my top finds) and Mohammed Rewani who have all been über cheap. Evson is Vancouvers record signing at 645k, record breaking goal scorer Morelo cost 200k, Mendes was my replacement for Jay DeMerrit and may have been free. He is a proflic goal scoring CB. He had something like 17 goals last season. Rewani was a free and is a damn fine left full back his only draw back is his fitness.

So Sigi left Seattle to manage LA, and Arena was fired from LA and went to Seattle. I had applied for both jobs...

But then I got USA into the World Cup quarterfinals, Arena retired, and Seattle was falling over themselves to get me.

So...I'm a Sounder.

Drew 1-1 with Real Salt Lake in my debut. Not bad considering they scored on an offside that wasn't whistled, and we scored our second goal on a play that wasn't offside, but was called it anyway. <_<

Who did you sell?

Also, are Forrest and Pilkington wingers or in the central position?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

• Admin

Started as Milan.

In ten games, Boateng, Zambrotta, Abate, Robinho, Balotelli, Nesta, Flamini, Pato, Mexes, Debuchy, Antonini, Yepes, Muntari, and Ibrahimovic (broken leg! Despite walking off the pitch with it!) have all suffered injuries. Plus Boateng (twice!), Abate, van Bommel, and Nocerino have been red carded.

Absurd.

Who did you sell?

Also, are Forrest and Pilkington wingers or in the central position?

Forrest and Pilkington in wide slots

Sold Holt (thought i'd keep it realistic since he wants to leave), Crofts, Ward and Jackson

Brought in

Reo-Coker free

James Forrest 3.4M

Andy Johnson free

John Guidetti Loan

Danny Wilson Loan

Carlos Diogo Free

Nicolas Lodeiro Free

Started as Milan.

In ten games, Boateng, Zambrotta, Abate, Robinho, Balotelli, Nesta, Flamini, Pato, Mexes, Debuchy, Antonini, Yepes, Muntari, and Ibrahimovic (broken leg! Despite walking off the pitch with it!) have all suffered injuries. Plus Boateng (twice!), Abate, van Bommel, and Nocerino have been red carded.

Absurd.

Injured in training or games?

Got greedy and said to the board we'd retain the title this season. In deep poo by November in 10th place and twelve points behind league leaders Vitesse. Thought we'd turned a corner with a 7-0 win over Ajax (!!) and a 1-0 win over defending Champions League winners Marseille, but no.

Should make it through the group stage of the CL, though. Sitting second after four with 7 points - three ahead of Køpenhavn and five ahead of Benfica. Had a 0-4 shocker at Marseille, though. Might be looking for a new a job before the season is through at this rate.

EDIT: Also can't help but thinking I've overloaded on the old timers. My best XI includes Dirk Kuyt, Demy de Zeeuw, Ron Vlaar and now Arjen Robben...

True story: On my Wrexham now Man.Utd and England game, AC Milan got relegated from Serie A by Rafa Benitez after finishing 4th the season before.

Poor Thiago Silva and Pato rotting in Serie B

Most prolific goalscorer: Hmmm. Christian Jolley (AFC Wimbledon) comes to mind. I took over there in mid december 2011 when they were dead last in league 2 and had scored something like 15 goals in total (Jolley had scored 1/3 of them). Then i loaned a guy named Marko Mitrovic from Chelsea, and now im sitting in 15th place with three games of the season left and Jolley have surpassed 20 goals. Shame Mitrovic will be going back to Chelsea :crying:

So after one season at Arsenal I have now been approached for the Barcelona job. I have been offered a transfer budget of A HUNDRED AND SIXTY EIGHT MILLION POUNDS!!!

...I'm in a job dilemma. What do I do, EWBats ?