Wrestling Manager?

Tyrone

1)define wrestling media? Because most of us don't think of most of the people who call themselves the wrestling media very highly.

2) screenshot for a text based game does very little to prove anything.

3) I just went to your website and saw that you mention that the game was supposed to be released in the summer but wasn't and your posts here yet haven't indicated a targeted release date either.

4)what will the console game be about?

1) We had an article up with WWEDVDNEWS.com a while back, Shaun Blackford, the review guy there has seen it and we did a Q/A with WrestlingAttitude.com the other day. Granted, that's not a lot but we are still several weeks away from submitting to Apple (which can take several weeks)

2) Quite true. But then again, if I had released a video with the game working, because it's a management game you could have said I faked it.

3) Yes, we were daft enough to announce that the game would be out in summer. Some things took a little longer than we originally expected, somethings needed tweaking because even though they looked fine on paper, when they were implemented they weren't as fun as they could have been, so we tweaked them and tweaking takes time. We are not giving out a release date right now because we don't want to make that mistake again. The game will be out when it's fully cooked and all I can say is that will be soon.

4) All I'm saying about the console game right now is that it's a wrestling game and it's not a version of Wrestling Manager.

I reckon you should just allow some beta testers from this site in, as it's a community with a huge wrestling fanbase (obviously) some with over 10 years of playing wrestling sims.

Problem is only a certain amount of people own an iPod touch.

Real world iPod/phone gamers play games like Bubble Bobble or something while traveling, or during work breaks. Some may be dedicated to the game (and I feel a game like this deserves the dedication of its player) but overall i'm not sure the platform could ever really be the right choice for this sort of the game.

Cross platform should be your #1 priority in my opinion. Regardless.

Cross platform is very expensive to do and each platform has it's own strengths and weaknesses. If we were a big company like THQ, we could have covered all of those costs but for now, we have to walk before we can run.

The iOS market has over 200m users and over 50m are logged into Game Center (which is Apples version of xbox live). I'm not saying we will hit huge numbers because I don't think we will but in a market of 50m gamers there has to be some wrestling fans right? Sure some play Bubble Bobble but quite a few bought Game Dev Story too and that's a very similar game to Wrestling Manager. Likewise Football Manager is one of the highest grossing apps on the iPhone so the markets not all doom and gloom but either way, we couldn't change platform now the games nearly done. So all we can hope for is peoples support.

To be honest... Based in Dundee and with people involved from Psygnosis (probably butchered) and... DMA? - the people behind the old school GTAs - I'd say this has a chance of being a real. A lot of developers from yesteryear prefer to code for the iPhone systems and there's a lot of people who play games on them.

I'm not saying that this game's definately going to happen but it seems to have a little more to it then a lot of the crap we get on here. It could all be bullshit he's spouting but I'll give them a chance. Keep us posted and if it does happen I'll at least give a demo a look at.

Like I said before, if we see a semi polished finished product I'll give him credit. But when the website is claiming that the "game is close to finish" while also apologizing that the game is not already out like he presumably had said earlier would happen. For the heck of it I Googled this "Red Radiant Media" company that is supposedly working with him and their twitter, Facebook and website have next to nothing on them.

They are a spin out from Real Time Worlds and they have been involved with some BAFTA projects.

Edited by Serious Parody

Looks boring EWR better

If someone showed you screenshots of EWR before you played it would you honestly not think it looked boring at first? I dont know anything bout this Wrestling Manager game but i'll give it try when it first comes out

To be fair, I don't really think there was anyone in the text-based wrestling simulator market before Promotion Wars and EWR.

TNM7 4 Life, yo.

when u start up the game it shud play music like entrance music but your own music that u can choose from an mp3 on your computer so for example like i could click OPENING MUSIC and i wuld get a list of all the songs on my computer and i could pick 1 that played evrytime i played the game. i would choose somewher out there by our lady peace because that song is very emotional to me i dont really want to say why but i would like to hear it evrytime i play your game.

also i would like a match that is like a elimination chamber but with like 20 people and the cage is on fire lol i call it a straight to hell match and its kanes specialty match because in my ewr game i made him be like old kane where he doesnt talk except for with that voie box thing that makes him like a robot and his gimmick is that he sets people on fire last week on wwe shockwave (i renamed raw to make it sound more better) he burned john cena lol

• Like 23

Ok. Can I play your game now? No. So right now EWR is better - because it exists.

But at least it's still better than MDickie's games because people want it to exist.

How very dare you, on his birthday!

But yes, Kaney, get down there sharpish and give us a preview of this wonderful game!

On the subject of the game, is this similar to EWR's style of play where you hire who you want and then book shows? Caus the impression I got was something like FIFA (or Madden/NHL) Ultimate Team, what with the auction system and all. I think they could make an interesting game, getting random packs of wrestlers/staff members/equipment etc and building yourself up.

Also, can I tell Hardcore Holly I want him to not come todays show?

• Like 4